Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cards reporting - Amex & NFCU

tag
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

New cards reporting - Amex & NFCU

I was wondering what would happen when my new Amex and NFCU started reporting.  So far on Experian, Amex just reported like clock work, 2 days after statement cut, just like my other Amex.  I didn't see a score drop in FICO8, which I thought I would.  My utilization is 1%.

I did see -12 in FICO Bankcard Score 2 and +2 in FICO Bankcard Score 8.

My NFCU should start to report around the 28-29th.  Should I expect a score hit from this one?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New cards reporting - Amex & NFCU

The relevant factor is Age of Youngest Account -- in your particular case.  If, when the NFCU card begins to appear on your report, the AoYA is already 0-1 months, and your score has already absorbed that, then there might well be very little effect if any.

The broader observation I'd make, however, is that even if someone had a crystal ball and could know with confidence exactly what would happen, knowing that now will not help you make choices in the next two weeks.  The impact will be whatever it will be.  Now if you were about to open the NFCU card, but were sitting on the fence about that action's value, then trying to get advice about what most likely will happen could have quite a bit of value -- because the knowledge would assist you in making a choice.

So my advice (ala the Serenity Prayer) is to not try to guess what will happen, but rather see what does happen.  That will be the surest way to assess what the action of adding the NFCU card will have.

Message 2 of 5
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

I opened the Amex and NFCU the same day and Amex reports 2 months as of now. I was just curious since I was expecting a score hit from Amex.  Glad I didn't get one but we'll see what happens next week when and if NFCU reports.

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@FicoGuy2019 wrote:

I opened the Amex and NFCU the same day and Amex reports 2 months as of now. I was just curious since I was expecting a score hit from Amex.  Glad I didn't get one but we'll see what happens next week when and if NFCU reports.

Do you have anything like a collection or a 60D+ late on your file?

If so, only AAOA matters at least for the Classic algorithms; interesting that you saw movement in the Bankcard scores while the Classic remained flat.

        
Message 4 of 5
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

Yes, a closed verizon acct from 2013 which I'll be paying off...I've sent a pfd, which I know is a long shot.  I was going to let it age off but I'd rather just take care of it since it's been reporting every month anyway and holding my scores back.

It should be on TU and EQ within the next 48 hours so I'll see if there are any changes there as well.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.