Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mortgage is starting to report

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

New mortgage is starting to report

So, I closed on my house on April 1, and I'd been steeling myself up for the eventual FICO score drop when the mortgage started to report.  I'd read about score drops as high as 50 points being common, and that seemed to be corroborated by a couple score simulators I tried.  But over the past two days, the loan showed up on Experian and Equifax.... no change on Equifax via myFICO, and an 8-point INCREASE for Experian.  Umm, okay I'll take it! Smiley Very Happy  Curious how it'll affect DW's scores, since her profile is thinner than mine.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New mortgage is starting to report

@sarux3 wrote:

So, I closed on my house on April 1, and I'd been steeling myself up for the eventual FICO score drop when the mortgage started to report.  I'd read about score drops as high as 50 points being common, and that seemed to be corroborated by a couple score simulators I tried.  But over the past two days, the loan showed up on Experian and Equifax.... no change on Equifax via myFICO, and an 8-point INCREASE for Experian.  Umm, okay I'll take it! Smiley Very Happy  Curious how it'll affect DW's scores, since her profile is thinner than mine.

@sarux3,

Very nice bump and congrats on your mortgage.

Message 2 of 4
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! When my recent mortgage reported, I didn't know what to make of it.

Message 3 of 4
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!  Also, Transunion is reporting it mortgage as well too, with no change to score.

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.