Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New too FICO trying to build my credit

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: New too FICO trying to build my credit

I don't think there is a MAIN thread you will find that a lot here with everyone building off of threads but the explanation stays the same it's have all cards reporting 0 exect one (All Zero Except One) with the only one reporting being at 8.9% but you can also split it up to where the collective amount is no more than 8.9% together both work wonders for raising Smiley Very Happy

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does a collection account shown as “closed” help my score go up? After I disputed the I.C. systems it still shows on my report but now shows as account closed.
Message 22 of 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Is it closed because it was paid off?!     If it reflects that it was paid it could possibly help but if it was closed for being a wrong account etc I would see about getting it removed.

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just shows closed with a balance. I been trying to get it removed haven’t had any success. It’s a **bleep** pain dealing with these credit bureaus.
Message 24 of 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Call the owner of the debt and ask to pay the remaining amount if they will remove it from all 3 reports!     Especially if it's a lower amount (under 1k or so) just pay it and get it off.....there are ways to do that and that way it won't be on your report PERIOD instead of showing because a negative balance reporting is and will hurt your information.

Message 25 of 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Be sure to get a paper trail as well with the name of the person you talked to and their direct number if you can ask them to email it to you not MAIL it as mail can take weeks to arrive an email is 30 minutes or less usually.     That way when you pay it and receive that letter and if the next month it is not removed you have the letter as proof and then you have proof you paid it too.

Message 26 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I was looking into paying it too. The amount owed is 3000$. I heard these debt companies buy these for pennies on the dollar.

Have people had success offering a lower amount to settle the debt such as 10%?

I agree with the email part get everything in writing.
Message 27 of 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Ok so that's not to bad if it was a large amount like 10k that may be different but I wouldn't low ball it to much I would offer 60% and see you don't want to ask for 10% and piss off the person that basically has control of if they will even do that for you.     You want to give your best shot first so they agree to it.     If you can pay it in full that's obviously 100% better but with it being in the thousands offer 60% if you are shooting for lower.    I have had success removing two from all three reports but I paid them in full both of mine were under 1k one was 800 and the other 650.

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I did sign up for Experian monitoring service 19.99$ I’ll try it this month I do check it everyday alongside creditkarma and WalletHub.

I was considering the my FICO plan but at 30$ a month it’s a little to much for me.

Can you clarify for us whether the EX monitoring service is actually showing you your FICO 8 scores (for EQ, TU, EX)?  Many of us were assuming that you would not be able to see your FICO scores until you had an account opened for a minimum of six months.

There is absolutely no reason to be paying $20 a month for a service when you are not even eligible (yet) for FICO scores.

Indeed, since you are being careful in how your are spending your money, we should let you know that there are ultralow cost methods of getting your three FICO scores: e.g. the $1 trial at Credit Check Total.  That "trial" can be repeated once a month (and in fact even more often than that).  And as far as credit reports go (which are different from credit scores and even more important) there are free tools that will get you those frequently.

Message 29 of 33
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

You do see your FICO 8 scores for Experian if you want to see the FICO 8 of the others you pay a different amount Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.