Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice to look at but meaningless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to look at but meaningless

Hey! I've made it to the 700 club! That's the good news.
"Your PLUS Score is: 705 on a scale of 330 - 830".

The bad news is that's it's a FAKO score. From EXP's freecreditreport.com
But I have to admit, it's still nice too look at.......and dream. Smiley Happy

Can't wait to get the real scores when I pull all 3 CR's next month.

(nervous anxiety is more appropriate. no telling what the real scores will be)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nice to look at but meaningless

Funny thing is that my FAKO's are actually LOWER than my FICO's. (true for two of three CRA's)

These are from privacymatters

Message Edited by hdj on 10-24-2007 12:55 PM
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My FAKOs are mostly 50 points lower than my FICOs
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

M.V., that's what I'm thinking too.
Message 4 of 7
Bop
Valued Member

Same here for me.  My FAKO is at least 50-60 points lower than my FICO score.  We all know FICO and FAKO calculate differently but could any one please explain  what are the main factor in our CR which make FAKO lower  and which factor make FICO higher?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I am now questioning if that is really a FACKO score.

In Tuscani's "Credit Scoring 101" first post, it is stated:

"What is the range of FICO scores?
FICO (aka Classic or BEACON) scores can range from 300 to 850, but the majority of scores usually fall within the 600s and 700s."

In carefully looking at what I have(Experian's Triple Advantage Plus Scores):
"Your PLUS Score is: 705 on a scale of 330 - 830."

It's obvious that the "Plus Score" is in a narrower range than the Beacon scoring range,but I'm unsure of what that implies.

I thought the scoring range of FAKO scores were 501-990(As per my CR on TU from annualcreditreport.com. Can anyone verify that??

So am I to assume that my score of 705, is indeed a FICO score instead of FAKO??

I'm certainly not pointing fingers at anyone. On the contrary, I'm just trying to educate myself a bit, and trying to make some sense of what I believe to be never ending inconsistencies. Which in turn, causes me to be kept off balance in truly understanding where I truly stand.

It's so difficult to understand things when you are comparing apples and oranges.

Thanks for reading. I think I just needed to vent. (I think I feel better now) Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every FAKO has it's own range
This is a Plus score-

I got my new Transrisk score from Juniper yesterday - and I wish that was my FICO too.

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, I am now questioning if that is really a FACKO score.

In Tuscani's "Credit Scoring 101" first post, it is stated:

"What is the range of FICO scores?
FICO (aka Classic or BEACON) scores can range from 300 to 850, but the majority of scores usually fall within the 600s and 700s."

In carefully looking at what I have(Experian's Triple Advantage Plus Scores):
"Your PLUS Score is: 705 on a scale of 330 - 830."

It's obvious that the "Plus Score" is in a narrower range than the Beacon scoring range,but I'm unsure of what that implies.

I thought the scoring range of FAKO scores were 501-990(As per my CR on TU from annualcreditreport.com. Can anyone verify that??

So am I to assume that my score of 705, is indeed a FICO score instead of FAKO??

I'm certainly not pointing fingers at anyone. On the contrary, I'm just trying to educate myself a bit, and trying to make some sense of what I believe to be never ending inconsistencies. Which in turn, causes me to be kept off balance in truly understanding where I truly stand.

It's so difficult to understand things when you are comparing apples and oranges.

Thanks for reading. I think I just needed to vent. (I think I feel better now) Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.