Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bump for AZEO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No bump for AZEO

Hey guys, just a quick question. My third credit card finally started reporting. My 1st had a $6/$200 balance, while my 2nd had a $0/$200 balance. The third also had a $0 balance.

But my score didn't change at all according to Experian. Exact same. Is that normal?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: No bump for AZEO

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, just a quick question. My third credit card finally started reporting. My 1st had a $6/$200 balance, while my 2nd had a $0/$200 balance. The third also had a $0 balance.

But my score didn't change at all according to Experian. Exact same. Is that normal?

While the account may have started reporting, your credit score may not have updated just yet. For example, I usually get my monthly report from myFICO on the 27th. If a new account starts to report on the 6th, it's possible that I may only receive a notification of a new account without a change in my score that day. I would have to wait until the 27th to get an updated score. Even then, I may have to wait until the next month.

There may also be a utilization ratio problem. You previously had two cards with $200 limits. 6/400 = 1.5% utilization. Your new card's limit ($225) took your total utilization under 1% ( 6/625 = 0.96% to be exact) . Depending on the FICO algorithm, they may round that down to 0.

Lastly, there may be other factors on your report that AZEO alone won't help to make a difference. We would have to know more about your report.

You're on the right track with AZEO. Maybe we can bump up utilization a bit to experiment (nothing above 9%). Be patient and in the following month or two you should see a score change.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Zolomon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While the account may have started reporting, your credit score may not have updated just yet. For example, I usually get my monthly report from myFICO on the 27th. If a new account starts to report on the 6th, it's possible that I may only receive a notification of a new account without a change in my score that day. I would have to wait until the 27th to get an updated score. Even then, I may have to wait until the next month.

There may also be a utilization ratio problem. You previously had two cards with $200 limits. 6/400 = 1.5% utilization. Your new card's limit ($225) took your total utilization under 1% ( 6/625 = 0.96% to be exact) . Depending on the FICO algorithm, they may round that down to 0.

Lastly, there may be other factors on your report that AZEO alone won't help to make a difference. We would have to know more about your report.

You're on the right track with AZEO. Maybe we can bump up utilization a bit to experiment (nothing above 9%). Be patient and in the following month or two you should see a score change.

I thought maybe the under 1% utilization might be a factor Smiley Mad

I use the Experian website, and my score had increased both times when the other 2 started reporting, so hopefully it's the utilization! 

Also curious what the SSL showing up will do, been almost a month and it's not on any reports yet. 

Message 3 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Relax grasshopper.Seems everything hasnt reported yet. The accounts may have showed up. But you havent gone thru a statement cycle yet.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gone through a cycle though, it shows paid for September as well as October 😭.
Message 5 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Sometimes it may take a couple months for the hits like the inq, drop in AAoA and AoYA to rebound. Without knowing all the stats. This may be why it hasnt bumped up yet. No worries it will come around. Nothings instant in FICO scoring.

Message 6 of 23
glockrunner
Regular Contributor

You may not see a bump because of your low scores and the algorithm they are using.
Message 7 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@glockrunner wrote:
You may not see a bump because of your low scores and the algorithm they are using.

Lower scores will get better bumps from having no cards to getting the 3 required for the FICO rebuild bonus one by one. The algorithm goes by util percentage on all 3 CRA's thats reported. They are under 8, 28, 48, 68 , 88%.

Message 8 of 23
Chris1231
Established Member

Will there be credit score difference if two cards that are reporting zero balance were not used during that month, versus they incurred some balance but were paid off to zero?

I have been ended up doing AZEO for the last 6 months (I said "ended up" because I have 7 credit cards, but only use the Discover card that gives cashback).  I am wondering if incurring no utilization for remaining 6 cards is holding me back from seeing true AZEO effect...

Current Cards (14)

On the Radar (3)

Updated August 19th, 2023

Message 9 of 23
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Chris1231 wrote:

Will there be credit score difference if two cards that are reporting zero balance were not used during that month, versus they incurred some balance but were paid off to zero?

I have been ended up doing AZEO for the last 6 months (I said "ended up" because I have 7 credit cards, but only use the Discover card that gives cashback).  I am wondering if incurring no utilization for remaining 6 cards is holding me back from seeing true AZEO effect...

If you only have 2 cards and both report 0 balance. Then yes you get dinged. FICO likes at least 1 car reporting a balance. The PIF so you dont have to pay interest.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.