Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“No credit card activity” on TU report

tag
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

“No credit card activity” on TU report

About 6 months ago I got a secured credit card from my local CU to help build my credit. But even though this card is clearly reported with a $68 balance on TU, I’m still seeing a note of “No CC activity” on the file. What gives?

My TU score is substantially lower than my EQ and EX scores. This is presumably because several old pre-BK7 CCs that were closed in good standing are still reported on EX and EQ. But I thought a secured card would be considered a real card as far as TU was concerned...
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: “No credit card activity” on TU report

@8bitmachinegun wrote:
About 6 months ago I got a secured credit card from my local CU to help build my credit. But even though this card is clearly reported with a $68 balance on TU, I’m still seeing a note of “No CC activity” on the file. What gives?

My TU score is substantially lower than my EQ and EX scores. This is presumably because several old pre-BK7 CCs that were closed in good standing are still reported on EX and EQ. But I thought a secured card would be considered a real card as far as TU was concerned...

It is considered a real card. Give it some time.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What tool(s) are you using to access your CR where you're seeing what you described above?

Message 3 of 9
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

I’m using the MyFICO 3 bureau report, as well as the Experian mobile app (that’s what it reports for TU.)
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 4 of 9
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica It’s been six months since I got the secured card. How much time does TU need?
FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

On your CR what is the date opened for the account in question?  Did it reach 6 months of age today, or 5 months?

Message 6 of 9
8bitmachinegun
Regular Contributor

According to my TU credit report, the secured CC was opened in 02/2019 - the same as EX and EQ. 

I'm scratching my head on this one. I'm not sure why TU isn't giving me credit for the secured card.

FICO8 - Aug 2020
FICO9 - Aug 2019
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree that's a bit odd, as the account hit 8 months of age today.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t understand why you should have to wait six or eight months for it to show credit card activity if it has a balance.

It seems to me it’s counting as a revolver, but not as a bankcard. When you access your myFICO alerts for TU does it state your bankcard balances have increased or decreased when you get a balance change for that card?

Seems like it’s acting like a line of credit from the credit union. This is one of the reasons we recommend you do not use a credit union credit card for AZEO. They are unpredictable due to the way some credit unions code their cards.

My only guess is that the card is coded in some weird way that makes it a revolver but not a bank card for purposes of TU. Like a CLOC. May I ask what credit union this is?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.