Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OK Guru's! FICO 9 No Negs with a BK?!?!

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

OK Guru's! FICO 9 No Negs with a BK?!?!

So I pulled my July update from MyFICO's 3B yesterday and noticed some changes in FICO 9. EQ stayed the same.TU went up 15pts. And EX went down 4 points. I checked all the avenues that would have made the changes. Nothing sticks out. Ok fine. I'll take it. Back to the thread title. Now here's the kicker. FICO 9 says my scores are so high they dont report any negs? Huh? 1 30 day late hit 6yrs now. And I have a 3yr 11 month old BK DC. FICO 9 doesn't factor in a BK? No way. Or an old late? This inquiring mind wants to know how could this be?

Fico June.JPG

no negs.JPG

FICO 8 has the usual whats hurting your score topics. Youngest of the oldest is 17 yrs. Youngest of the oldest AAoA's 3yrs 9 months.

negs.JPG

Fire away!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: OK Guru's! FICO 9 No Negs with a BK?!?!

Compare this report to your other 3B's....interesting no doubt.  When did you pull the last one before this one? I'd like to see those results to compare to.

Congrats btw, nice scores.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I'm no Guru by any means....but do these two explanations below (copy & paste) from 3b report MF indicate why perhaps?

Negative Accounts

About 96% of FICO High Achievers (FICO® Score 8 of 785+) have no missed payments and of those who do, the missed payment occurred, on average, nearly 4 years prior.

Public Records
 FICO® Score 8 only considers public records with an amount of $100 or greater.

Message 3 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Glad you asked Laura. Didnt think about back tracking. I went back to see when did this no-neg thing started. It was back in January when only TU had me below 800. In Feb TU went above 800 and thats when it all went to the no neg page and nothing to report started. So it appears once you pass 800 MyFICO 9 drops all negs with explanations. Jan 2019 with TU FICO9 below 800 and only TU shows why I'm below 800. Since EQ and EX were above 800. No reason codes listed. #HeadScratcher

790.JPG

jan 800.JPG

Message 4 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 

And did you see my second response pertaining to FICO 9 not including BK's? (I think that's what it meant anyway.)

EDIT to add: this here

Negative Accounts

About 96% of FICO High Achievers (FICO® Score 8 of 785+) have no missed payments and of those who do, the missed payment occurred, on average, nearly 4 years prior.

Public Records
FICO® Score 8 only considers public records with an amount of $100 or greater.

Message 5 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

790.JPG

jan 800.JPG

But were these above scores your FICO 8 or FICO 9?

Message 6 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

All FICO 9's. FICO 8's are in my siggy. Well that explains the late over 4 yrs. Still strange how a Chap7 BK can be excluded from any of the many FICO scores being the worst baddie of them all.

Message 7 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Still strange how a Chap7 BK can be excluded from any of the many FICO scores being the worst baddie of them all.

I think that may be why FICO 9 is not taking off like we wish it would.  

Message 8 of 13
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well after searching and reading. Found out possibly why FICO 9 isnt taken into consideration a BK. Its the public record new change? But I already know creditors can still see it.

The NCAP requires new and existing public record data to meet certain criteria in order for them to appear on your consumer credit reports, including:

• The public record data must have your name, address, and either your Social Security number or your date of birth.
  • The data furnisher of the public record information must visit the applicable courthouse at least once every 90 days to obtain newly filed and updated public records.

Message 9 of 13
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:
  • The data furnisher of the public record information must visit the applicable courthouse at least once every 90 days to obtain newly filed and updated public records.

So I guess FICO 9 is a backdoor for lenders to lend?!? (perhaps?)  Like, what's the purpose for it then if you can still SEE everything?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.