Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 20
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OMG! I broke 800!

Congratulations!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 20
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

that's right-- thanks, people!

Message 13 of 20
Irisa
Senior Contributor

Congratulations! Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 20
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! I am so close to 800 I can taste it! According to my calculations, all I have to do is garden a few more months! Smiley Happy

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 15 of 20
paramed3
Regular Contributor

You are right all you have to do it garden a few more. Trust me I know first hand like you if you do the right things you still have to wait and wait and wait and finally FRUIT. I love this but I hate myself because back in the 80's my fico never dropped even in high 700 range I kept it in the 800 range. How being so reckless can do so much long term damage. Like jarroldharrell1 I started back on it serious again back in 2010. Its been a long road but I hope my next stop is a mortage. Then I will do everything I can to keep this score right. It's sort of a pride thing but then again it's a refection of who you are but people fall on hard times and get into trouble. I hope I never go there again if I have to work 3 jobs.

Congrats man and keep it up. You should see 840 soon you have all the pieces there to see it. You Fico will probably flucuate 10 points at the most just by using your credit cards but what the heck you have it outstanding now. When you get an 840 - 850 it will mean nothing to you.

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 16 of 20
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

so ironic; like money, it's only important if you don't have it (the good scores).

I think part of the reason for my long road is the fact that my parents never mentioned money except in vague terms.  We had it, you're supposed to take care of it, marry a guy who had it or had good prospects for it . . . and that was it.  Never mentioned anything about taxes, credit cards, consequences of not paying your bills -- nada. 
Parental or societal failure perhaps, along with my own indifference -- at the time. 

very painful lessons, these are.

Message 17 of 20
paramed3
Regular Contributor

My mom and Dad especialy my dad mention money all the time and taught us your credit is who you are. He failed to mention if you don't work non stop and have little life and God help you if you fall on hard times you will lose it all. Oh you will get it back if you have 3-5 years. So I dont have the excuse like you wish I did I was just reckless and then had a health problem that made it worse. I got better and better now than ever but it cost me a lot. 

Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 18 of 20
paramed3
Regular Contributor

So now that you understand it all Cloud you might want to check into that marry a man with money motto they set back then. Might come on handy. My ex just got an amazing inheritance and a beach house from her daddy to boot. She has it made.

Message 19 of 20
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

ha! too late for that, I'm afraid.  My point was that women of a certain age were not given financial education, because it was expected that their husbands would take care of everything.

phooey!

and yes, poor decisions and hard times can make fools (or at least financial fools) of us all

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.