Did you mean: 

Okay; Now, I’m Angry! 😠 🔥

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Okay; Now, I’m Angry! 😠 🔥

@Anonymous wrote:

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

That one misreporting was the only negative item on my report. 

Same thing as my 20 years ago comment. That's why I firmly believe that FICO has a memory, and what is gone may be gone but not forgotten.

FICO scoring is instant in time.  Always has been.  If it's not on the report it's not scored. Problem is sometimes remarks which don't show up as "negatives" can affect your score, vis a vis "settled for less"

That said, what score are we even talking here?  Almost all FICO scores come with reason codes, what are they?  If we're talking myFICO monitoring there's no update for deletions, something else like a balance change has to trigger it.

        
Message 11 of 17
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Why isn’t my Fico Equifax updating???

Okay, I know I’ve been posting a lot lately, but it’s only because I have worked SOOOO hard on my credit for the past few years. The last item to be removed from my reports is a fraudulent, medical bill. Transunion removed it months ago, Equifax removed it about two weeks ago, Experian removed it just a few days ago. My Experian score went from 650 to 743, Equifax is still showing 680. Why has there been no score through myFICO product for Equifax? They both are reflecting the removal of the collections account and there aren’t anymore bad items listed. Could someone make sense of this, please?
Message 12 of 17
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Why isn’t my Fico Equifax updating???

Hi Jazzy -

It's a myFICO issue - has been happening to some for several months now:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/myFICO-Product-Feedback/EQ-score-not-updating-in-almost-3mo/m-p/564...

If you want to see an updated EQ score, you need to either (pay &) pull a new 1B report, or wait til your new 3B report is ready per your subscription. You can also call tech/customer support and yell them what's happening... they'll probably give you a free 3B pull but it won't resolve the score-updating-between-pulls issue.

Or - go to Experian and do their $1 trial, get your scores for all 3, then cancel the trial.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 17
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

Dang, that’s smart! I’ll do that first thing tomorrow! Thanks!
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 things. FICO can only generate a score based on what it is fed. If its not on the report, the algorithm has no way of knowing about it period.

OP, Also be aware that each bureau has a interstitial time period between when they receive info and when they add it to your file. EX is quickest, the other 2 vary. With that said, if it is gone, you gotta get fresh scores as stated above.
Message 15 of 17
donkort
Valued Contributor

It might update in a week or so.  As soon as the collection agency or whatever reports the deletion to the bureaus----or when the bureaus update on their own. 

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 16 of 17
donkort
Valued Contributor

I'd be upset, too.  All that hard work seemingly for naught.....

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.