Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest account hits 3 yrs scores drops up to 22 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oldest account hits 3 yrs scores drops up to 22 points

[EDIT: I got an alert that TU 8 dropped: -20 points with no changes but aging!]

It's December 1st, 2020 and I just hit AoOA 3yr 0mo, but I also hit AoORA 2yr 0mo at the same time since my very first account on file was a secure shared loan (SSL) that I gardened (lol) for 1yr 0mo before paying it off. 2yr 0mo since closing - this is my oldest account.

None of my 4 open bank-issued cards has reported yet this month, and when they do, it will look exactly the same as my November 3B report. So, more to come on this with the next monthly 3B around the 10th.

AU8

BC8

MTG

AUT

BKC

AU9

BC9

EX

+2

+6

+3

+8

+7

+9

NA

NA

NA

+11

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

3yr 0mo

1yr 9mo

10mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

2yr 0mo

1yr 5mo

10mo

AGGREGATE % 

AGGREGATE $ 

TOTAL LIMIT 

2% [2.125]

$680

$32,000

(New EX scores in signature. Everything else has to wait for the 3B. EX 2 is now 751 (+8), highest its ever been.)

"Maybe so, sir. But not today.": https://youtu.be/gNtJ4HdMavo?t=368

EX 8 up +2 at AoOA 3yr 0mo. EX 2 went up +8 to 751.

But that's not the end of the story....TU 8 dropped 20 points from 766 to 746!

The Great AoOA 3yr 0mo drop!

Check out the reason statement changes: "Length of time revolving accounts have been established' moves UP 1 spot from the prior month, which means it's affecting my score more now. I believe this indicates a shorter history on whatever scorecard I just moved to - it sure isn't a 'total revolving history' metric.

I've seen this same thing before on the 8's at AoOA 2yr 0mo. That reason statement was gone from many scores at 6mo AoYRA and then it shot right back up to #2.

FICO 8

EQ

-

NR

12/01

Not reported yet

11/10

Short credit history

Lack of recent non-mortgage installment loan

Not Shown - Incomplete

Not Shown - Incomplete

TU

12/01

Length of time accounts have been established

Lack of recent installment loan information

Length of time revolving accounts have been established

Too many accounts with balances

11/10

EX

+2

12/01

Short account history

EX CMS doesn't show it. Incomplete.

11/10

Short account history

Message 101 of 159
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Nice 

Message 102 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It's December 1st, 2020 and I just hit AoOA 3yr 0mo, but I also hit AoORA 2yr 0mo at the same time since my very first account on file was a secure shared loan (SSL) that I gardened (lol) for 1yr 0mo before paying it off. 2yr 0mo since closing - this is my oldest account.

None of my 4 open bank-issued cards has reported yet this month, and when they do, it will look exactly the same as my November 3B report. So, more to come on this with the next monthly 3B around the 10th.

AU8

BC8

MTG

AUT

BKC

AU9

BC9

EX

+2

+6

+3

+8

+7

+9

NA

NA

NA

+11

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

3yr 0mo

1yr 9mo

10mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

2yr 0mo

1yr 5mo

10mo

AGGREGATE % 

AGGREGATE $ 

TOTAL LIMIT 

2% [2.125]

$680

$32,000

(New EX scores in signature. Everything else has to wait for the 3B. EX 2 is now 751 (+8), highest its ever been.)

@Anonymous Congratulations !!!!

Message 103 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU 8 drops -20 points at AoOA 3 years 0 months

I just updated my original post.

TU 8 dropped: -20 points with nothing but aging. Check out the reason statement changes from the prior month!

( @Remedios called it perfectly. Now I get to see how bad it is with EQ 8. She said around -25 points...bet that's right too!)

Message 104 of 159
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: TU 8 drops -20 points at AoOA 3 years 0 months

@Anonymous  I think 20(ish). It will "level" with the other two. 

I'll be new account free in 30 days, so we shall see if I'm still slapped over the head whenever more than 3 cards report (3/14). 

I'd really love to hear your opinion on this. 

By yours, I really mean yours, not Ficopropaganda. 

In some ways, it makes sense. My scores were in 770 to 790 range.

I understand that 790 with 3 years isn't "the same" 790 with 5 years of history, and 5 years with 790 still isn't the same as 10 years...I'm sure you understand.

At the same time, why even allow scores to go that high on kiddo scorecard? 

A more reasonable approach would be "maxing" it at 750 and calling it a day, without possibility of further growth untill three years are reached. 

Message 105 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

[EDIT: I got an alert that TU 8 dropped: -20 points with no changes but aging!]

AU8

BC8

MTG

AUT

BKC

AU9

BC9

EX

+2

+6

+3

+8

+7

+9

NA

NA

NA

+11

AoOA

AAoA

AoYA

3yr 0mo

1yr 9mo

10mo

AoORA

AAoRA

AoYRA

2yr 0mo

1yr 5mo

10mo

AGGREGATE % 

AGGREGATE $ 

TOTAL LIMIT 

2% [2.125]

$680

$32,000

But that's not the end of the story....TU 8 dropped 20 points from 766 to 746!

The Great AoOA 3yr 0mo drop!

Check out the reason statement changes: "Length of time revolving accounts have been established' moves UP 1 spot from the prior month, which means it's affecting my score more now. I believe this indicates a shorter history on whatever scorecard I just moved to - it sure isn't a 'total revolving history' metric.

I've seen this same thing before on the 8's at AoOA 2yr 0mo. That reason statement was gone from many scores at 6mo AoYRA and then it shot right back up to #2.

FICO 8

EQ

-

NR

12/01

Not reported yet

11/10

Short credit history

Not Shown - Incomplete

Not Shown - Incomplete

TU

12/01

11/10

EX

+2

12/01

Short account history

11/10

Short account history

@Anonymous yes I'm sure the age of oldest Revolving account has a top range of three years on a young Scorecard, it would have to or it would change to a mature card.

So, relatively, you were at a higher end of the young scale than you would be now, considering your oldest revolver is not even 3 years and you're now on a mature profile that ranges from three years to infinity.  

no doubt the low age of oldest Revolving Account is a much bigger deal on the mature Scorecard, as you're now at the bottom of the AoORA ladder instead of 2/3 of the way up it. 

Message 106 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous  I think 20(ish). It will "level" with the other two. 

I'll be new account free in 30 days, so we shall see if I'm still slapped over the head whenever more than 3 cards report (3/14). 

I will be new account free on February 17th, 1 day before the NASA Perseverance Rover lands on Mars.

More than 3 of 14....that's harsh.

I'd really love to hear your opinion on this. 

By yours, I really mean yours, not Ficopropaganda. 

In some ways, it makes sense. My scores were in 770 to 790 range.

I understand that 790 with 3 years isn't "the same" 790 with 5 years of history, and 5 years with 790 still isn't the same as 10 years...I'm sure you understand.

Absolutely. There is no substitute for experience.

At the same time, why even allow scores to go that high on kiddo scorecard? 

A more reasonable approach would be "maxing" it at 750 and calling it a day, without possibility of further growth untill three years are reached. 

I think this has more to do with lender rules than math. They never want to exclude too many people.

I mean, most of it is going to be objective profile-data  pattern-analysis, but I'm sure they don't want to penalize too much. So many lenders these days seem to be more interested in the lower end of the credit score spectrum anyway.

Message 107 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios: Oh yeah, I forgot something else.....I think you're on to something with that 'leveling off to what EX was at'.

My new EX 8 score of 747 seems more in line with 'reasonable based on history'. TU 8 766....yeah, fun to look at, but for real? Not even 2 years payment history on a credit cards?

I have a TU Bankcard 8 of 781 right now (of 900, of course) and it's going to drop at least 20pts on the next 3B to 761. Also more in line with EX BC8 of 756.

Really no wonder Amex, Discover, and Citi are known to pull EX 8. It seems more of a true score to me.

Message 108 of 159
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Could be. Whatever "tweaks" FI makes per CRA request must be appealing to some of them.

Experian also offers wider variety of products (ones we aren't privy to lol), and it often bundles them as a part of package, plus they have their fingers in too many ancillary CRAs or data aggregators, making it so much harder to hide anything from them.

Right now Amex is pulling Clarity in addition to EX, looking for the bodies when it comes to borderline applicants. 

I've been told their Risk Management Solutions product is by far superior to similar products by the other two. 

Message 109 of 159
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

My EX8 took an 8 point hit today hitting 3 years(778->770). Was hoping that was what to expect on EQ and TU but it sounds like those get a bit harder...

Message 110 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.