BANK 2: 769
FICO 3: 762
BANK 8: 786 

Looks like just my 8 versions moved.

Message 31 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oldest account hits 3 yrs scores drops up to 22 points

@Drwaz99 There could be different segmentation thresholds for different versions. And I would think, in my opinion, that it may be lower for the newer versions.

I wonder if that is the segmentation point for version eight? It’s just strange not to see any shift in the negative reason code. Did you closely scrutinize your reports to make sure there were no other changes?

Very interesting and thank you for your response.
Message 32 of 159
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Drwaz99 There could be different segmentation thresholds for different versions. And I would think, in my opinion, that it may be lower for the newer versions.

I wonder if that is the segmentation point for version eight? It’s just strange not to see any shift in the negative reason code. Did you closely scrutinize your reports to make sure there were no other changes?

Very interesting and thank you for your response.

Before and after screenshots. I've been in the garden since August, so no new INQ, either.
aooa1.jpgaooa2.jpg

Message 33 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Drwaz99 You are the man! Thank you for the wonderful DP contribution. That is extremely helpful and will assist countless others in the future.

2 more DP questions for the scorecard assignment record for future readers: AoYA? and do you have a open or closed loan on your CRs?

Thank you again for your time, assistance, and willingness with this. You've added great data!
Message 34 of 159
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Drwaz99 
2 more DP questions for the scorecard assignment record for future readers: AoYA? and do you have a open or closed loan on your CRs?

AoYA is 4 months.
The loan is weird. It's a closed and paid on time Affirm loan. I'm not sure if it's counting as a loan or as a CFA. No other ones. 

Message 35 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Drwaz99 Thank you very much for responding.

The data points are greatly appreciated.
Message 36 of 159
atarvuzdar
Established Contributor

Interesting thread.

Just a thought. I don't know that I'd say that the negative staying the same necessarily contradicts the idea of segmentation having occurred, though it's definitely a great DP.

If there is scorecard segmentation @ 3 yrs for AooA, something to consider with regard to Dr's negative remaining the same even though there was an 8 point drop in score is that a short account history would probably be more of a negative on a more mature scorecard than a younger one. A younger scorecard segment would pretty much expect that someone has a short account history. With Dr's otherwise clean report it's not surprising that it would be the only negative even if it didn't have much of an impact. A scorecard segment for folks with older AooA would not treat a short account history so kindly.

FICO 8: EQ 846 / TU 836 / EX 832
AMEX Platinum / BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $99,900 / Chase CSR $43,400 / Citi Double Cash $39,600 / AMEX EveryDay $30,000 / Discover It $26,000 / Gemini $25,000 / JetBlue $25,000 / Chase Freedom Unlimited $22,500
Message 37 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's another data point: EX 2 -22pts at AoOA 2yrs 0mo / AoYA 1yr 0mo on a clean/young/thin profile.

Only 2 open accounts (credit cards) and balances reporting exactly the same as the prior month, so it's real simple with no changes except for aging of 1 month.

Full EX data here.

Message 38 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@atarvuzdar Interesting thought, but if that were true, then it should've disappeared while he was at the high end of the young segmentation you would think.

But, had he had other negative factors, there may have been a shift in precedence? Gotta ponder this more, wish the others would contribute DPs, as well.
Message 39 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous So, we could have a potential threshold @ 2 years on EX2 and 3 years on EX8.

Would it make sense to lengthen the threshold considering the financial circumstances at time of creation?

@Drwaz99 Did you have similar drops at TU and EQ? Wait you said the 8th....I'm eager!

Message 40 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.