Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldest account hits 3 yrs scores drops up to 22 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oldest account hits 3 yrs scores drops up to 22 points

@Anonymous Remember a scorecard change doesn’t always mean a score drop. It is typical for most people, but your profile is not like the majority of profiles. Lol. Everything has different weightings; it is possible that you could see an increase.

But the fact that your oldest revolver is younger doesn't help. But at the same time there may be an award for the oldest revolver reaching two years. I just wouldn't expect it on the mature card idk.

I'm not surprised you didn't find any threads discussing AoORA, because I don't think anyone ever realized it was a metric until recently. 

Message 61 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

After thinking about it a little bit more, I still expect you to see a decrease as you predict.

I would've loved to see whether there are any thresholds for AoORA at 2 years. Hopefully we will have some other members chime in that had a loan first and maybe we can discover if there are any AoORA thresholds under 3 years. I don't really expect a 2-year threshold to exist on a mature card though; I would expect they scale up. 

Message 62 of 159
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous Remember a scorecard change doesn’t always mean a score drop. It is typical for most people, but your profile is not like the majority of profiles. Lol. Everything has different weightings; it is possible that you could see an increase.

But the fact that your oldest revolver is younger doesn't help. But at the same time there may be an award for the oldest revolver reaching two years. I just wouldn't expect it on the mature card idk.

I'm not surprised you didn't find any threads discussing AoORA, because I don't think anyone ever realized it was a metric until recently. 

Betting time. She will lose points, when it happens. Because her scores are fairly even, I'd expect similar loss between the three CRA, unlike those of us who lost close to 30 on one (one that was just a few points below 800), but only 8-10 at the other two that were in 760 range. 

Not a single fico will be gained. 

Message 63 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Betting time. She will lose points, when it happens. Because her scores are fairly even, I'd expect similar loss between the three CRA, unlike those of us who lost close to 30 on one (one that was just a few points below 800), but only 8-10 at the other two that were in 760 range. 

@Remedios No bet. Lol. I expect loss at all 3. I'm just saying it doesn't necessarily always happen. Profile depending, it could be a gain.

Let's say higher utilization, high number of inquiries, ect..., the penalties are less on a mature scorecard. or at least that's my thought from brainstorming. 😉

Message 64 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't see very many points on the 8's in December 2019, with the following aging values:

• AoOA: 2 yr 0 mo
  • AAoA: 1 yr 4 mo
  • AoYA: 1 yr 0 mo

I've seen about 4 different sets of data that tracked 2 to 5 cards from (0-8mo) to just under 4 years (scattered reports, most of them weren't consecutive, and it's only the 8's).

It looks like 770-785 will be the peak for a while. One of them hit 794 at 3yrs 9mo with 1 of 2 cards reporting, on TU 8.

There may be a -20pts loss but it comes back rather quickly within 6mos, leveling off around 775, as long as 100% of cards aren't reporting a balance. 3 of 4 would be ok, and that's good enough for me.

I don't expect a solid 800 or better on the 8's until 5 years, minimum.

Message 65 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't see very many points on the 8's in December 2019, with the following aging values:

I've seen about 4 different sets of data that tracked 2 to 5 cards from (0-8mo) to just under 4 years (scattered reports, most of them weren't consecutive, and it's only the 8's).

It looks like 770-785 will be the peak for a while. One of them hit 794 at 3yrs 9mo with 1 of 2 cards reporting, on TU 8.

There may be a -20pts loss but it comes back rather quickly within 6mos, leveling off around 775, as long as 100% of cards aren't reporting a balance. 3 of 4 would be ok, and that's good enough for me.

@Anonymous But that was with a loan only profile correct? 

Message 66 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous But that was with a loan only profile correct? 

Mostly revolving only profiles, with one of them having a student loan on file and open. A closed loan doesn't seem to be helping me very much now on the 8's. It may be helping with Auto/Mortgage scores, but I could never compare due to most people only having the FICO 8 or 9 scores to share.

I can get my middle mortgage score to 751 right now (TU 4), with 3 of 4 cards reporting and total balance somewhere between $500 and $1000. It won't change EX 2 733 though, because I have 2 inq's there until February. (No inq's at EQ/TU.)

The 794 at 3yrs 9mo was 2 revolving only.

Message 67 of 159
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Just for DPs to add to this mine dropped 28 Points for November 2020 EX, and it was going off my Auto original loan of Nov 2017 (3 year DP) when I get my 3 CB report on the 15th or so I will see if I can add other updates to help?!

Message 68 of 159
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

So just for update like I promised I did my 3CB Pull today (I wanted to do it before the new card is added and affects everything), the other scores didn't hurt negatively at all LOL my TU first update in NOV it went up 15 points to 675 now sitting at 679, and my EQ first update in NOV went up 7 points and later it went up a 11 more points so now it's sitting at 668.....so just EX seems to have trouble with that change LOL (from what I see) Smiley Very Happy 

Message 69 of 159
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 so your oldest account is a loan like Cassie's? So you should be watching for age of oldest Revolving Account thresholds. It's kind of hard for @Anonymous to because the dates lineup where it's conflated. You may be able to isolate them. 

what is your AoORA?

Message 70 of 159
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.