cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On average which Credit Reporting Agency usually has the lowest score?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: On average which Credit Reporting Agency usually has the lowest score?

I wish my EQ was within 4 points of my TU. **bleep** Baddies!
Message 11 of 23
fused
Moderator Emeritus

For the longest time, TU was my highest FICO score. However, once I reached the 800+ club with all three CRAs, TU became my lowest.

My FICOs: EQ 812 TU 807, EX 811 (2/09)

Message 12 of 23
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

EQ is always the lowest for me. it is usually a minimum of 30 points lower that EX and TU and i have seen it as much as 90 points lower.
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just discovered that my EQ score is 75 points higher than TU. Difference seemd to be TU shows 42% usage EX shows 1%. Difference is in how they catagorize home equity LOC. TU calls it overdraft/reserve checking account (totally wrong) and EQ call it Revolving.

Any suggestions?

Message 14 of 23
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just discovered that my EQ score is 75 points higher than TU. Difference seemd to be TU shows 42% usage EX shows 1%. Difference is in how they catagorize home equity LOC. TU calls it overdraft/reserve checking account (totally wrong) and EQ call it Revolving.

Any suggestions?

TU considers our HELOC to be "overdraft/resere checking" as well....but I don't think that negatively affects our TU score.

How do you think it negatively affects the score?

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

All info is nearly identical in the two reports. Only difference is that TU shows 42% usage and EX shows 1%. Only item large enough to account for the difference is HELOC.
Message 16 of 23
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
All info is nearly identical in the two reports. Only difference is that TU shows 42% usage and EX shows 1%. Only item large enough to account for the difference is HELOC.

My HELOC that is shown as "Overdraft/Reserve Checking" is not counted into my utility. My HELOC amount is over $150K, and from what I've read on these boards, the size of the HELOC affects how it is reported by some of the CRAs. I understand that smaller HELOCs are counted into utility and larger ones aren't.
Message 17 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My HELOC that is shown as "Overdraft/Reserve Checking" is not counted into my utility. My HELOC amount is over $150K, and from what I've read on these boards, the size of the HELOC affects how it is reported by some of the CRAs. I understand that smaller HELOCs are counted into utility and larger ones aren't.

Yup. Very large revolving line of credit are not included in the UTIL calc. Exactly where that line is is a bit unclear. I think we figured out it is north of $30K. However, if you have a HELOC of $30K with a $25K balance on it it's gonna play havoc with your UTIL! If there is something regarding the treatment of large HELOC's that varies between scoring models that could explain why TU is so much different.

hoyaman - What is the exact status of the HELOC: balance/limit?

Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 09-01-2009 05:20 PM
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELOC $50k.  Balance is $38k. TU 42% Util. EQ 1% Util.
Message 19 of 23
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
HELOC $50k.  Balance is $38k. TU 42% Util. EQ 1% Util.

So your 76% UTIL on the HELOC is being treated differently between TU and EQ. (Try to run the calc yourself using the data on each of the CBR's - include the HELOC with the TU data and exclude it with the EQ data.) Those two FICO scores are based on different scoring models. That could be a factor.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.