Did you mean: 

One 850 down, two to go.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: One 850 down, two to go.

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How about a CCT $1 trial to see where your EX/EQ 08's stand?  Actually, I'm sure you have your EX from creditscorecard already.

@Anonymous wrote:

How about a CCT $1 trial to see where your EX/EQ 08's stand?  Actually, I'm sure you have your EX from creditscorecard already.

BBS - Nice work on getting to 850. What were/are your EQ and EX Fico 8 scores? What are the scores on all 3 CRAs now?

Another good data point on the influence of reaching 12 months for AoYA. Can you summarize before/after 1 year AoYA Fico 8 scores for each CRA?

I know you asked for predictions on this in another thread. My prediction was two 850s and one 845. Curious how the prediction compares to actual results. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Where-will-my-FICO-8-s-be-in-3-months/m-p/5163071#M135118

I will share my final data points either later tonight or tomorrow, as my EX/EQ scores are still going to increase from the inquiries (2 EX, 1 EQ) becoming unscoreable.  The inquiries are all from May 2 last year and it's now May 2, so I'm thinking I can pull my scores again from CCT tonight and see the gains.  Does that sound correct, or should I wait unti tomorrow, May 3?

Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called it last week so some of the points should come to me. Looking forward to your data point, specifically score gained for AoYA.
Message 12 of 44
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

With my AoYA reaching 1 year today, I reached my first FICO 08 score of 850 on TU.

Relevant data:

AoOA = 17.2 years

AAoA = 7.5 years

AoYA = 1 year

Aggregate utilization = 2%, AZEO card (1 of 7 cards) is at 28% utilization

1 scoreable inquiry still present until tomorrow when it reaches 1 year.

I guess I'll have a little bit of a buffer there once the inquiry comes off.  Also I know on some profiles having an AZEO card between 9%-28.9% can result in a score ding, where on other profiles it doesn't.  I haven't tested this enough on my profile to know, but there's a chance that a little bit more of a buffer may be possible if I take my AZEO card down below 8.9%. 

Looking forward to seeing inquiries become unscoreable tomorrow on EX and EQ.  I'll post a nice data point thread in the next couple of days, as I've had a good number of changes happening over the course of the last week or so.

Congratulations BBS Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

My EX score sits at 840 and my EQ at 841 currently.  My AZEO card is at 28% reported usage right now, which I'll take down below 8.9% before the statement cuts in 3 weeks.  I'm not sure if I'll see a gain or not, as I know on some profiles people have reported a gain and on others they see no difference in crossing that 8.9% threshold on a single card with aggregate utilization staying ideal.  The other thing is that I had a Chase card sneak in a $10 reported balance a few days ago.  I don't think this really matters (being AZE2 instead of AZEO) since I've got 7-8 cards depending on bureau, but I paid that $10 off when I noticed it and should see Chase report it as $0 within a day or two.

The biggest constraints that I see preventing my EX/EQ scores from being closer to/at 850 are that my AAoA on EX is about a year lower than it is on TU and I have 1 scoreable inquiry left on EQ (I have 0 on EX/TU).  My EX AAoA ticked up from 6.3 years to 6.4 years on May 1; with a tick to 6.5 years on June 1 I'm anticipating a 4 point gain from 840 --> 844 based on seeing 4 points of movement at 6.5 years twice before on EX.  We wil see.

Aside from my AZE2 card reporting $0 an my AZEO card reporting < 8.9% utilization, there's nothing else I can "do" profile wise except wait for age of accounts to do their thing and for that one last EQ inquiry to become unscoreable.  I would think one could obtain an 850 score with the presence of a single inquiry (I believe TT confirmed this once) so it's possible that with accounts aging I could potentially get there before the lone inquiry hits 1 year.

As an unrelated aside, CCT has let me pull my 3B reports/scores 3 times with my most recent trial.  I did my initial pull, cancelled the trial and did my usual second pull 7 days later (yesterday).  I logged in this morning and noticed that my EX score was again refreshed and saw the "refresh at no charge" language in the lower right corner, so I pulled my 3B reports/scores again this morning.  The language is still there, so it seems I can pull them again if I'd like.  Odd glitch, I suppose.

Message 14 of 44
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

BBS -

The drop in AAoA is affecting your potential score increase - IMO. Back in February I was under the impression that all the CRAs would have your AAoA at 7.5 years or more come May 2018. Given a couple CRAs still have your AAoA under 7 years, you may not get to 850 regardless of # INQ (7.5 might be the critical milestone). Please monitor influence of AAoA.

Score Fico 8 score can be at 850 with a single inquiry on a CRA report. I have single inquiries on EQ and TU from 10/2017 and 11/2017, respectively. Fico 8cores are at 850 on both. EX, with no inquiries is a "stronger" 850. It should be noted that unless a profile has sufficient buffer, a single inquiry might preclude reaching 850.

My EX Fico mortgage score is at an all time high (842) but, my EQ and TU mortgage scores both took a hit when the single inquiries showed up. Comparing my EQ Bankcard Fico 8 monthly scores, it is apparent that a single INQ does impact Fico 8 - my recollection is scores averaged 8 points less for months with one INQ vs months with zero INQ.

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 15 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb

The drop in AAoA is affecting your potential score increase - IMO. Back in February I was under the impression that all the CRAs would have your AAoA at 7.5 years or more come May 2018. Given a couple CRAs still have your AAoA under 7 years, you may not get to 850 regardless of # INQ (7.5 might be the critical milestone). Please monitor influence of AAoA.

Score Fico 8 score can be at 850 with a single inquiry on a CRA report. I have single inquiries on EQ and TU from 10/2017 and 11/2017, respectively. Fico 8cores are at 850 on both. EX, with no inquiries is a "stronger" 850. It should be noted that unless a profile has sufficient buffer, a single inquiry might preclude reaching 850.

I agree regarding AAoA.  The one old account that dropped off on EX wasn't expected and caused the AAoA drop since the time we discussed potential 850 scores a few months back.  Also, I have 1 CC (Blispay) that reports to only EX that I opened in 2016, so that causes EX to be a little lower than the others.  While I'm at 7.5 years on TU already, I'll be there in October on EQ and unfortunately another whole year on EX.  Hopefully I get that 4 point bump on EX at 6.5 years AAoA next month and will continue to monitor my AAoA each month for score increases. 

You're right about being able to hit 850 with 1 inquiry present.  I didn't realize it until now, but I hit 850 on TU on May 1 when I still had a scoreable inquiry there until May 2 (yesterday).  I guess I have a small buffer there now on that 850 with the inquiry being gone.  I suppose that means I could take a TU HP for a CLI or something if I wanted to and not see that 850 go away.

Message 16 of 44
redpat
Senior Contributor

Hmmm, I didn't know you could have a stronger 850 than a regular 850? Does that work w/ golf handicaps also? So I could be a weak 9, I should let my men's club know before our next tournament.....

Sorry BBS you thought you had a perfect score but it appears to be weak one.
Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 17 of 44
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

redpat,

As you know stronger refers to the amount of buffer (or perhaps degree of difficulty). A better analogy for stronger might be a gymnastics or figure skating routine with higher base score. Such a routine may be able to accomodate an error or two and still score higher than an error free "weaker" routine having a lower degree of difficulty.

Golf is completely different - no scoring elements or formula - just a cup and a ball. Last time I played golf was over 15 years ago so I really don't have a handicap score. That's quite a bit longer than the 6 months of no credit account activity for Fico scoring.

Message 18 of 44
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

redpat,

As you know stronger refers to the amount of buffer (or perhaps degree of difficulty). A better analogy for stronger might be a gymnastics or figure skating routine with higher base score. Such a routine may be able to accomodate an error or two and still score higher than an error free "weaker" routine having a lower degree of difficulty.

Golf is completely different - no scoring elements or formula - just a cup and a ball. Last time I played golf was over 15 years ago so I really don't have a handicap score. That's quite a bit longer than the 6 months of no credit account activity for Fico scoring.

You have to enter your scores and based upon the slope rating of the courses you play your handicap is based on a GHIN formula.   My handicap is 9.4, so if someone has a 9.1 my 9 handicap is weaker than their's

TT,  even you can even learn something new everyday.........Cup and a ball.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 19 of 44
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

Ok, I should have mentioned golf clubs as well.

Thanks for the education on handicaps. I'll keep that in mind next time I play a round of golf.

P.S. Not sure if there are negative handicaps in golf. If not then a zero handicap might be a bit like an 850 score. One scratch player with a zero handicap might be -0.1 on average while another scratch player might be close to -2.0 on average - yet both have a "0" handicap. The later player is "stronger" and can make a couple additional errors in execution but still end up at par for the round.

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.