Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One score up and one score down

tag
2GreenThumbs
Frequent Contributor

One score up and one score down

My EQ and TU scores have always been roughly in the same ballpark, but EQ is almost always my highest score (EX always lags far behind the other two- most inquiries, mortgage did not report to EX for years).

I have over $135,000 total CL and have about 3% reporting on one card. I almost always try to practice AZEO, but once in a while, a pending charge will finally go through as my statement closes and then I'll have a small balance on a second card.

For EX, my scores tend to go up when new balances are reported.  EQ tends to go up when new balances report, but also goes up when a balance is paid down.  

Within the last 2 weeks, EQ has gone up for 4 times- twice for small balances being paid off, and twice for small balances reporting (all different accounts).  Total increase: 12 points.

In the same time period, TU has gone down 3 times, and up once.  All for the same balances and accounts.  TU went from 798-> 801-> 797-> 792-> 797.  Total point decrease: 1 point.  

I guess I'm just wondering why the same things should affect my scores so differently.  I was so happy to see another score get over 800, just to see it get shot down again a few days later. 

Not sure what other data points might help with understanding this, but I'd be happy to provide if you can offer any insight.

2 REPLIES 2
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Re: One score up and one score down

If I had your scores, that slight variation wouldn't bother me not one bit Smiley LOL

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: One score up and one score down

@2GreenThumbs wrote:

My EQ and TU scores have always been roughly in the same ballpark, but EQ is almost always my highest score (EX always lags far behind the other two- most inquiries, mortgage did not report to EX for years).

I have over $135,000 total CL and have about 3% reporting on one card. I almost always try to practice AZEO, but once in a while, a pending charge will finally go through as my statement closes and then I'll have a small balance on a second card.

For EX, my scores tend to go up when new balances are reported.  EQ tends to go up when new balances report, but also goes up when a balance is paid down.  

Within the last 2 weeks, EQ has gone up for 4 times- twice for small balances being paid off, and twice for small balances reporting (all different accounts).  Total increase: 12 points.

In the same time period, TU has gone down 3 times, and up once.  All for the same balances and accounts.  TU went from 798-> 801-> 797-> 792-> 797.  Total point decrease: 1 point.  

I guess I'm just wondering why the same things should affect my scores so differently.  I was so happy to see another score get over 800, just to see it get shot down again a few days later. 

Not sure what other data points might help with understanding this, but I'd be happy to provide if you can offer any insight.

1. Usually each credit bureau has slightly different data.

2. Each credit bureau has slightly different algorithms.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.