cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ouch. So much for the 30-60 days not counting after a year theory.

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Ouch. So much for the 30-60 days not counting after a year theory.

Oh yeah tons of other bad stuff, lots of lates from 3 years ago and some 3 year old collections.

Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ouch. So much for the 30-60 days not counting after a year theory.

@tooleman694 wrote:

Oh yeah tons of other bad stuff, lots of lates from 3 years ago and some 3 year old collections.

I think that might've been the more overriding factor in your case; much like every inquiry doesn't count against you, and we've seen anecdotally that things such as collections come in the 0, 1, or more than one variety score wise for the most part, it wouldn't surprise me if there were some breakpoints in the late calculations too when it comes to having multiple of them.

Also score increases might've been coming from the six months clean history too, it's just too complicated to make a unilateral assertion that they stop counting at the six month (or even 2 year mark for 30 day lates) in anyone's case.  I don't agree with all the things FICO apparently does, but I absolutely know that it's an exceedlingly sophisticated algorithm which is extraordinarily difficult to reverse engineer to even a moderately accurate predictive model, without access to massive amounts of data.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.