cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

LilyBee:

I saw from your data that you are probably like me - obsessive about maintaining good credit. Personally, I think that is a great trait in people like you. Nevertheless, sometimes I do open the junk mail only because sometimes they (companies) design their envelops to appear like they are a statement or something I am expecting - they get me.

Anyway, since you have Cap One, here's their website data on Auto Navigator. Log into your account so you can get more details for yourself; but about half the way down you'll see the statement "Get a decision in minutes with no impact to your credit score." If you log into your account, you'll have much less work to do:-)

https://www.capitalone.com/cars/

Y

Message 1461 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Thanks again, Ytzak.  I'll check out Capital One and a couple other cards to see what they offer.  Good info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1462 of 2,020
UDNS_Eric

764/766/760 here.

@Anonymous

Message 1463 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

This last few months I am indeed obsessing on my Fico scores. I am hoping to get back to 760 soon at the end of March. This morning I just spent some time calculating and estimating of how much scores I could get on each payment made only on credit cards by ignoring other payments I made on other loans (school and auto), loan I am going to apply soon and age of positive credit accounts in 2 months. This is asumming that my credit reports information are fixed on EXP,EQ and TU before the end of March by reinstating the $10200 credit limit of Citibank account. Anyway. 

Total        Payment                     Score

1. 1881.47,  Pay $1881.47 to get 763 score (starting 03/17-18 to before Mar 31st) ==> 760! Smiley Happy
2. 5000,        Pay $3118.53 to get 768 score --> This part is weird since I have to pay over $3K to raise 5 pts on the score
3. 5350,        Pay   $350.00 to get 773  score
4. 5900,        Pay   $550.00 to get 778  score (Apr 30th)
5. 6590,        Pay   $690.00 to get 788 score --> Pay $690 to get 10 points increased Smiley Wink
6. 8490,        Pay $1900.00 to get 793 score
7. 10975,      Pay $2485.00 to get 798 score(May but short of $1000~)
8. 11600,      Pay $625 to get 808 (1st week of June) --> Goal achieved by getting 10 points increased with $625

In between time, I might get a chance to another few CLI that would be awesome. I am using Experian Fico 8 simulation. At the end of March I am going to reorder MyFico 3B reports since my order was rejected last week. I already verified with them but they haven't remove the payment locked. 

Message 1464 of 2,020
lloyd1981
Established Member

@Anonymouswrote:

My FICO score has hovered between 805-816 since mid 2016. Checked my score recently, and it had dipped to 776.

I don't quite understand this because I am never late with a payment. I have $48,000 available to me on credit cards, and utilize about 2% of that a month, and always pay the balance in full every month.

I did open a new card recently, however a 30+ point drop seams a little excessive. Any ideas?

The scoring system algorithm result is confusing and frequently depressing. I have never gone for a large number of high-limit cards. My personal account limit is $51,400.00 and my average use is 3%. I have found that paying off all cards gives you no place to go. Two years ago, when I paid off an auto loan well ahead of time, I lost 30 points. Lost more when I paid off all cards. My residence has been paid off for 12 years. No record, but deductions for not having good payment for a mortgage account. Also, deductions for not having a long-term debt like an auto loan. Then, I purchased a car last year from a Lexus dealer and earned a 3.99% simple interest loan and my score dropped for a few months and now is above 800 for all three agencies. Problem: The reporting agencies show three credit searches when all three were for the single purchase and made by the dealer. What is holding me back? I owe too much on the car note [less than 18,000.00, being paid at 700.00 a month against a much smaller note]! I'm afraid to pay it off because my score will surely drop at least 30 points.

A trashy system but one that you will have to learn to play.

I get around real charges by using my AmEx Business Platinum card, which is never reported. Open since 1980. It does not have a fixed limit, though my last loan offer was set at $45,000.00 at low interest.

Don't worry too much about scores if you can get above 760. You are on the right track. Just set any payment date to be 10 days before any report date. Just paying off when the statement appears is too late.

Message 1465 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you may have to leave some balances to keep the creditor happy and to keep the algorithm keep pumping scores to you (age of positive accounts on every 3 months translated to 5 points). On the credit bureaus Fico 8 or Vantage 3 simulation, it always seem like when we entered max debt value on the paid off we always getting the higher max return scores. However, in real life that is not always the case. The Vantage 3 has a flaw or maybe it is designed to look at the short term period by ignoring many other factors that you could do to gain higher scores. Fico 8 simulation works better and actually can predict what is coming next if you pay certain amount of debts.

It is true that if you paid of personal loans your credit scores would drop but it is just temporary. I noticed that occasionally whenever I am using the payment plan credits from some stores instead of my credit cards. Next time I am just going to use the Amex payment plan offer and that also will help to gain 6% cash back. Smiley Happy I love my Amex.

My scores actually dropped a bit yesterday when it finally updated the paid-off balance on one of my accounts from last month. It happened to me on Oct and December last year too when I paid off several accounts. They will get back on at the end of Mar by gaining 30 points Smiley Wink

Rule is always leave some balances to get your scores and pay small slightly that minimum pay to make the system happy. On my calculation, I leave some account with balances and not planning to pay them off because I want to keep the credit history. As long as there are some positive history of payments the scores will always gain points over time. 

On your auto loan account actually boost back your scores. However, ignore the automatic credit report saying that it is too high. However, on $18K auto and 3.99% if your payment is $700 does that mean you are on 27 months loan? Just curious.

Message 1466 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is because 2% utilization means you don't have enough positive history payments. Even if you have big purchase against the big credits availability I think the system doesn't take into the consideration of big payments. It is not the money value but the utilization that affects the score. It sounds silly but it could be the way the algorithm works.

When you opened the new credit account, you obviously getting the HP and the age of positive payments points (gaining from the utilization) is not big enough to cover from the negative HP. You also have bigger credit availability but your utilization is getting too small to give a positive affect to the overall credit history. It is just like people without a debt and not using any credit cards but having poor credit history. As soon as HP involved, bam, credit scores that you have currently and having for years suddenly have a free fall.  

Over time, the HP will drop as it is losing its negative effect on your credit scores. Your scores will climb back up again. Just use some credit cards and keep it at 10 to 15%. That will make your scores go climb a lot faster. Before create a new account, make some purchases to keep some utilization and let it stay for sometime.

I have big credit falls too since 2014 after rasing them up in almost a year. Right now I am trying to get them back up again.

Message 1467 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum is a charged card and it wouldn't affect your credit history which I learned recently.It is also because it is not revolving credits.  However, it would show on your history if you made payments. Does it at least listed on your credit report? 

Message 1468 of 2,020
lloyd1981
Established Member

"On your auto loan account actually boost back your scores. However, ignore the automatic credit report saying that it is too high. However, on $18K auto and 3.99% if your payment is $700 does that mean you are on 27 months loan? Just curious."

I never try to sink myself. I understand that it does little for scoring, but I always pay a good deal more than the note amount. Now, that is not always a wise thing to do because if you pay off the car too fast, your score will drop and you probably will be out of 800 if you are below 825-830. This may affect financing where 800 or above is considered "prime," as in a upper-end auto lease. In my case, I have a reason why I want early payoff. If someone else does the same, with anticipation of purchasing a car after they pay off the one they have, make sure the new deal is made less than 30 days after the payoff of the older vehicle.

One has to figure that frequently it matters not what the amount owed is. My personal example: Owed $0 on a Chase account. Missed my target payoff and my score dropped 2 points because the account balanced increased "100%." Amount owed: $145.00. Missed payoff by a couple of days. Same thing has happened with a gas card and an amount less than $50.00.

Message 1469 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

I think you may have to leave some balances to keep the creditor happy and to keep the algorithm keep pumping scores to you (age of positive accounts on every 3 months translated to 5 points). On the credit bureaus Fico 8 or Vantage 3 simulation, it always seem like when we entered max debt value on the paid off we always getting the higher max return scores. However, in real life that is not always the case. The Vantage 3 has a flaw or maybe it is designed to look at the short term period by ignoring many other factors that you could do to gain higher scores. Fico 8 simulation works better and actually can predict what is coming next if you pay certain amount of debts.

It is true that if you paid of personal loans your credit scores would drop but it is just temporary. I noticed that occasionally whenever I am using the payment plan credits from some stores instead of my credit cards. Next time I am just going to use the Amex payment plan offer and that also will help to gain 6% cash back. Smiley Happy I love my Amex.

My scores actually dropped a bit yesterday when it finally updated the paid-off balance on one of my accounts from last month. It happened to me on Oct and December last year too when I paid off several accounts. They will get back on at the end of Mar by gaining 30 points Smiley Wink

Rule is always leave some balances to get your scores and pay small slightly that minimum pay to make the system happy. On my calculation, I leave some account with balances and not planning to pay them off because I want to keep the credit history. As long as there are some positive history of payments the scores will always gain points over time. 

On your auto loan account actually boost back your scores. However, ignore the automatic credit report saying that it is too high. However, on $18K auto and 3.99% if your payment is $700 does that mean you are on 27 months loan? Just curious.

Yes! I learned early on always leave some kind of revolving debt below 10% Utilization across the board... Right now I owe $535 on a credit card that is zero 0 percent intro while I could pay it today that's not my goal payments over time and a thick file is what I'm going for.

Message 1470 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.