cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@sarge12you help many! Appreciate your giving where others have a need. As my dad said, he can't take it with him so he shared with others (died of Cancer of the Throat). In my case I have been giving to causes I find are helping others and my Nieces are my beneficiaries (they understand me and look after me). They live in other parts of the Country but, stop in and stay.

Message 1661 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

It took 2 years but ALLof my scores went from sub-600 to 805 +/-15.

Message 1662 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was skimming the beginning of the thread and @marty56 has been since 2008 on this forum! Wow! It also seems like people were less likely to put their scores and credit cards in their signature back then.
Message 1663 of 2,020
IsleSeat
Contributor

Three scores have been above 800 for the last five years and for the last 3 years hovering at 820

TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
I came straight out of Hell
Message 1664 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@IsleSeat

That's amazing scores right there!  Good for you! Smiley Happy

I'm still a work in progress , giving myself a few months to see where I'm at. 

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 1665 of 2,020
IsleSeat
Contributor

Its all possible, Sleepless. I will never forget being in the 400's and turned down for everything. One morning I got up and that was the start of a journey. It will take about 3-5 years and then you are there. Oh, did I forget, I am a cash payer now, I keep 4 credit cards but live on a cash basis.

Everything is paid off, the house, the new MBZ and everything else.

TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 1666 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

Good for you, Isle Seat.   Happy that you are enjoying the progress you have made.

My favorite quote:  Too soon old; too late smart.  Applies to most anything in the way of the world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1667 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@IsleSeat

You're right, IsleSeat, anything is possible when you set your mind to it.  You'll never forget being in the 400's but one thing is for certain, it will NEVER happen to you again!  It took me two years to get where I am at now, I was at my most aggressive paying it down in the last year or so, I still have a bit of work to do before I get to the finish line.  

I am trying to rely more on the debit card than the credit cards as I continue to pay the balances down.  I'll have it down to about 3 credit cards in August and done in September and start AZEO.  

You're in a really good place now!  Now you can sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labors!  Congratulations, seeing what you've done gives me and a lot of others hope! Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 1668 of 2,020
IsleSeat
Contributor

@Sleepless

you're almost there. From that point on, it is easy peasy to get to 800. Good luck and keep reporting!

TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 1669 of 2,020
IsleSeat
Contributor

I tell you a funny story: in 2014, when my scores were all above 800, I went to a Mercedes-Benz dealership, where there was the exact car, which I wanted. We negotiated the price for a couple hours, then off to the finance guy. He asked how I wanted to pay, I answered "not one cent down, 1.99% financing", he said "Sir, we need to run your credit". I agreed. He came back to me and said "you can buy anything in this store, anythin you want, approved,  you are in the top 5% credit"

$83,250 Dollar loan. FICO didn't notch one point!

I stuck to my deal, as 1.99% is way less than I receive in interest on my investment. 3 years later paid it off. FICO barely moved.

TU and EX = 820 EQ = 821
Message 1670 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.