cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

tag
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@IsleSeat

I know!  The plan is to pay off the remainder of my accounts by September.  However, I don't know if it would be best to make a huge payment to all accounts this month and let them languish on auto pay from August on.  Would the be better to boost my scores, showing a good payment history?  Or should I just get it over with?  What would your advice be to me?  I don't plan on pursuing a mortgage until next September, at the earliest.  

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Current Mortgage Scores 5/05/23

Message 1671 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

@IsleSeat

If I could kudo your post 1000 times, I would!  That is AWESOME to be able to have someone come back and say that to you!  I just did a 3 year lease the beginning of the year.  I was thinking, at the time, of doing the lease buy out at the end.  Now, I'm thinking if my scores are THAT high, maybe I'll wheel and deal for a great deal when it's time to do the buyout!  I'd love those terms and if the fico score doesn't move, all the better.  I have another personal loan but am planning on doing an accelerated payoff so there will be less than 9 payments due on the loan and it won't be factored into my DTI (hopefully) Lease will be the only thing reporting on my credit report.   

I love the knowledge I learn on these forums.  Being in the top 5% in the credit totum pole has it's perks, for sure!!!  I'll be sure to keep you posted, it's nice to have you along for the journey! Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 1672 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@flyingifr

Congratulations!  I am in the middle of a credit rebuild myself, year 1 of 2.  It's great to see what you've accomplished in such a short time.  I'm almost there, hoping to reap those rewards sometime in the next year or so.  Good for you! Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 1673 of 2,020
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Hey, thanks BrutalBodyShots! I thought AMEX did away with the real EX FICO score until you pointed out where to find it.

Sadly, I'm still at 798. My only score that isn't in the 800s.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1674 of 2,020
Anonymous
Not applicable

I filed BK7 in Sept 2009, it drops of this year in Sept (thankfully!, wow that was a fast almost 10 years!).

I went against BK7 rules and filed for a credit card during the discharge process (Merrick Bank for $500, which eventually increased to $10,000 a year later), which helped me rebuild my credit. After a year, I was able to get different lines again such as an autoloan (albeit with a rather high interest rate). 

I was recently approved for a lease with an Experian FICO Auto 8 score of 735 from BMW FS (where they only need a 675 to be qualified for top-tier), on a $105,745 MSRP car. A week after being qualified, I did pay off a few large credit card balances where I did a balance transfer for a student loan at 0.00% interest, my Experian FICO (the regular one), jumped from 715, to 746, and then another credit card showed paid off and as of last week my FICO is 790. I really hope that it swings past 800 soon!

Unfortunately, since I have zero mortgage history, my FICO for that is still at 695, so at least I know going into my first mortgage next year there isn't anything I can really do to get top-tier interest, but just pay a standard 2nd-tier interest for 5 years in hopes of refinancing to a better rate. Unlike some miracle that rises or there is a bank willing to look at overall credit scores and not just the mortgage one.

Message 1675 of 2,020
ohjoy
Frequent Contributor

I guess if I'm trying to be a Big Dawg, I'd better start hanging out with the Big Dawgs.

The only thing that has been keeping me from showing up sooner is my freaking TU score, which would be much higher if my ex didn't have maintenance fees on a timeshare that we bought during the marriage go into collections. The amount is so small and I can easily pay it but, I don't want him to get the idea that I'm willing to pay his debts AND, I'm not actively seeking credit so, I guess 699 will have to do (and that sucker's not budging). Too bad too because TU had always been good to me. That $220 collection dropped my score 91 points. Ah well. I'm over the initial shock of it. But I digress.

Now I'm hoping Big Dawg vibes will help usher me into the 800 club. I'm holding some 0% interest debt that I plan to pay off within the next few months. And I have a few of my youngest cards that should be turning 2 years in November. (My new Bonvoy will be the only one <2 yrs). I'm hoping that helps. IDK. In any case, "Howdy!"
Starting Score (May 2017): 584 TU
Current Scores: 752 TU, 717 EQ, 750 EX

Goal Score: 820+

Message 1676 of 2,020
LilyBee
Regular Contributor

This is a reply to no one in particular, but one of my credit card scores was dropped to 838 (TU), while the others (EX, EQ) are running at 850.  I contacted TU as to why, since I have balance credits and no recent charges.  They informed me that since I opened a new card account (less than a year ago), that my score will not improve for two years!!  What a crock !!  Apparently Trans Union has its own rules apart from EX and EQ. 

I know some folks will scoff because of my FICO scores, but hey - I'm still pissed!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting scores:2007 - TU-850; EX-850; EQ-850. JUNE 11, 2015 - TU-850; EX-850, EQ-850 - Also FICO 8.
LATEST SCORES: EQ: 850; TU: 850; EX: 850; FICO 9 - AS OF MARCH 7, 2016

LATEST SCORES AS OF Nov. 24, /2016 - TU- 850; EQ - 846; EX - 836.- Smiley Sad
Scores as of June 1, 2017: EQ - 842; TU 841; EX - 842;
SCORES as of April 19, 2018: EQ - 834; TU - 841; EX - 832.
New numbers will be posted in 2021
Message 1677 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@LilyBee

I know some folks will scoff because of my FICO scores, but hey - I'm still pissed!!

Those scores are pretty impressive to me!  Having said that, with the explanation that was given by TU I'd be pissed as well!

Patience is a virtue, of which I have NONE, but time here is our friend. Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 1678 of 2,020
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@LilyBee wrote:

This is a reply to no one in particular, but one of my credit card scores was dropped to 838 (TU), while the others (EX, EQ) are running at 850.  I contacted TU as to why, since I have balance credits and no recent charges.  They informed me that since I opened a new card account (less than a year ago), that my score will not improve for two years!!  What a crock !!  Apparently Trans Union has its own rules apart from EX and EQ. 

They're not going to tell you why the score dropped, and the CSR's at TU probably have no idea why.

The FICO algorithms are closely guarded trade secrets.

That's why we have so much fun trying to reverse engineer them Smiley Happy

You're just going to have to figure this out on your own.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 1679 of 2,020
SleeplessinMA
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote: 

They're not going to tell you why the score dropped, and the CSR's at TU probably have no idea why.

The FICO algorithms are closely guarded trade secrets.

That's why we have so much fun trying to reverse engineer them Smiley Happy

You're just going to have to figure this out on your own.

I haven't frequented the forums very long.   In that short time I HAVE learned that when SJ and other respected members of the community give out advice,  I listen, apply that advice and learn.  Thank you!  Smiley Happy

My Wallet

Installment Loans

Current Scores 5/05/23

Message 1680 of 2,020
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.