cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Finally Hit the Numbers. Consolidated my CC debt in a personal loan and it is finally paying off.

EQ - 770

TU - 767

EX - 788

Message 1591 of 1,595
Frequent Contributor

Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

TU 834, Equifax 859

Just wanted to say that "gardening" works. I took the approach of applying to credit cards with several of the major banks during/shortly after I graduated college (so by 2013-2014) and then have just not gotten any new cards since, so my average credit age grows. Occassionally I do a "product change" when a rewards program dies and better rewards programs pop up.  I don't always have the absolute best rewards available but generally have pretty good cash back cards, which is what I value.  I could play the "apply for new airline cards, get points, go on a trip, cancel" game but I don't travel enough for it to be worth it and for now have decided to grow my credit instead, and it's worked.

I could probably get it higher if I let all balances except one report 0. Because that has no long term impact, I haven't bothered, so most of my cards report balances each month.

I've got one hard inquiry right now that I know of, for a corporate credit card application 23 months ago (so should be falling off). The card isn't on my report but the inquiry is.

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 22,500 (2013) | Discover It 26,200 (2014) | Chase Freedom 6000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 834 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 859 Citi Equifax
Message 1592 of 1,595

EQ: 824

TU: 803

EX: 800

Message 1593 of 1,595
Established Member

Message 1594 of 1,595
Established Member

@gh17 wrote:

TU 834, Equifax 859

Just wanted to say that "gardening" works. I took the approach of applying to credit cards with several of the major banks during/shortly after I graduated college (so by 2013-2014) and then have just not gotten any new cards since, so my average credit age grows. Occassionally I do a "product change" when a rewards program dies and better rewards programs pop up.  I don't always have the absolute best rewards available but generally have pretty good cash back cards, which is what I value.  I could play the "apply for new airline cards, get points, go on a trip, cancel" game but I don't travel enough for it to be worth it and for now have decided to grow my credit instead, and it's worked.

I could probably get it higher if I let all balances except one report 0. Because that has no long term impact, I haven't bothered, so most of my cards report balances each month.

I've got one hard inquiry right now that I know of, for a corporate credit card application 23 months ago (so should be falling off). The card isn't on my report but the inquiry is.

gh17,

Good strategy... :-)

Message 1595 of 1,595