Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Closed - Score Plumits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Overstock Closed - Score Plumits

@baller4life wrote:
Ok so what is that report showing your util to be since $36k hasn't reported?

I pulled a report a couple weeks ago and it was 4%

Message 11 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

That is freaking incredible!!! Smiley Frustrated
Message 12 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:
How many inqs were associated with your new TLs and how did that affect your AAoA?

1 inq on this report and my AAoA is just over 4.5 years.

Message 13 of 36
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Hmmmmm. I think there is something else going on here. Keep us posted.
Message 14 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

First of all. The 3 b. Will give any excuse for drop or raise in score. Take that will grain of salt. But you better pull your actual report to see the real cause.  That is not normal. And either you maxed out something. Or you hot hit with a negative. But you can be sure. It's not from closing the card. 

Notice your eq is around same score. Appears at least 1 old negative on report with that score. You can't haea. 600 with no negatives. And goid utilization. Just not possible.  We all know how fico works. I'm barely in 700s on 2 reports vans I have a 5 year old negative paid in full. Utilization. Is 16 percent. 

Message 15 of 36
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thats pretty odd. I closed three accounts around the same time and there was no score decrease. Seems like there should be another explanation behind this.

I will say I did close 3 accounts this past week of my comenity cards all closed no balances, My J.Crew line is now at less than 1% of the 5k and my score only went down 4points on Equifax.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 16 of 36
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Wow that's crazy, I recently close one of my Barclay cards and it didn't have any effect. It just popped up as an account closed. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 17 of 36
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

something else deffinetly going on.. Spend the 14$ and pull a report for scienceSmiley Happy

Message 18 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I closed 3 accounts last month and lost very few points on EQ and TU and nothing on EX. Seems very odd. I would definitely pull a report. 

Message 19 of 36
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

First of all. The 3 b. Will give any excuse for drop or raise in score. Take that will grain of salt. But you better pull your actual report to see the real cause.  That is not normal. And either you maxed out something. Or you hot hit with a negative. But you can be sure. It's not from closing the card. 

Notice your eq is around same score. Appears at least 1 old negative on report with that score. You can't haea. 600 with no negatives. And goid utilization. Just not possible.  We all know how fico works. I'm barely in 700s on 2 reports vans I have a 5 year old negative paid in full. Utilization. Is 16 percent. 

Agreed... something else is definitely doing on.

Even prior to this decrease the OP's EQ is/was how many points lower than EX and TU?  You don't get an 80 point differential without some kind of a baddie...

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 20 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.