Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overstock Closed - Score Plumits

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Overstock Closed - Score Plumits

I agree with everyone else here. Something isn't adding up and you gotta check your EX report ASAP to see what's going on. I've closed several accounts in the past and have never experienced a score drop like that.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my report. I had put a 60 day late dispute on a student loan I had. This is over a year ago. My scores shouldn't be dropping. Only Thing i notice is that the message in dispute is gone. Does being in dispute not count toward fico scoring?
Message 22 of 36
baller4life
Super Contributor

BINGO!!! There's the culprit.
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MstrPTato wrote:
I just checked my report. I had put a 60 day late dispute on a student loan I had. This is over a year ago. My scores shouldn't be dropping. Only Thing i notice is that the message in dispute is gone. Does being in dispute not count toward fico scoring?

Yep, while an item is in dispute it is not factored in.

Message 24 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang!!
Message 25 of 36
ddemari
Super Contributor

The 60 day and 30 day lates can kill a score. I had my friend sign up for scorewatch last year and her credit is in amazing shape with a 800 fico from her credit union statement. When she pulled the EQ scorewatch it was 666. There was a 30 day late reporting that was an error on her banks end. The fixed it up and boom 770 EQ fico. 

Message 26 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fault for not paying attention when that loan came out of 6m deferment after graduating. Had wrong email and home address when we moved and never updated it. They won't take it off. The dispute must have aged off. Thanks for the feedback!

Message 27 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was gonna say, not closing any cards ever if it causes a 60 point drop.
Message 28 of 36
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

How old is that 60 day late?

Message 29 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 year old

Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.