Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off auto - Score Changes

tag
Trudy
Valued Contributor

Paid off auto - Score Changes

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

Couldn't locate the thread where we discussed me no longer milking my auto loan to keep Installment UTL low and reporting changes when  closed. Was waiting for AUTO and MTG to show updated on all 3 before pulling MyFICO 3B.

Prior to auto pay off AGG Installment UTL was 57.87%; after auto reported closed 73.16%.  Had 1 revolver reporting a balance at 13.99% IND to 3.53% | 2.95% AGG to 0.74%.  Could see the result of paying down the CC on EX from scores provided with EX subscription prior to auto loan reporting closed.  Based on Oct reports, CC UTL changes did not impact EQ but likely impacted TU as it has always proven most sensitive to CC UTL on my profile.

EX CC UTL changes:

+2 AU8

+9 BC3

+2 BC3

Below pics are from Extra Credit subscription on the Nov date noted on left.  Pulled MyFICO 3B today after both installments reported as they are the last to update. Notes on right show the changes from then to today. Note that auto and MTG had not reported closed before today's for EQ and EX.  TU was not available until late with Extra Credit and everything had reported so effect of closed auto is seen in those scores. Not sure, but likely TU4 scores went up based on earlier reduction in CC UTL.

Due to some maxed scores not sure of the impact or if there was one (likely) due to a possible buffer.  

xxx.png

EX.png

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off auto - Score Changes

Yeah I didn’t think it would be too bad. That’s not bad at all. And like you say it may be conflated as well.
Message 2 of 4
Trudy
Valued Contributor

I was most surprised by the at least 10pt hit I took on Classic F9 for EX, and 9's response overall on EX. Maybe I have more of a buffer with EQ & TU Classic 9's that they held?  I hit 850 on EX F9 Dec 2019 with no differences in bureau's other than EQ having an old closed acct that has not fallen off.  Only change is EQ AAoA is +1 month.  Last to hit and by a while 850 was EX F8 and not until my youngest revolver (same as youngest acct) reached 1 yr, Sep 2020.  Considering my low revolving UTL and other factors it seems like the closure of the auto loan alone caused this loss as well as other losses.  Seems like it could  make a difference for someone with different scores with similar or bracketed profiles??  At least 10 - 26pt losses on some. I don't know???  Just thought I'd share. 

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trudy wrote:

I was most surprised by the at least 10pt hit I took on Classic F9 for EX, and 9's response overall on EX. Maybe I have more of a buffer with EQ & TU Classic 9's that they held?  I hit 850 on EX F9 Dec 2019 with no differences in bureau's other than EQ having an old closed acct that has not fallen off.  Only change is EQ AAoA is +1 month.  Last to hit and by a while 850 was EX F8 and not until my youngest revolver (same as youngest acct) reached 1 yr, Sep 2020.  Considering my low revolving UTL and other factors it seems like the closure of the auto loan alone caused this loss as well as other losses.  Seems like it could  make a difference for someone with different scores with similar or bracketed profiles??  At least 10 - 26pt losses on some. I don't know???  Just thought I'd share. 

@Trudy I admittedly have nowhere near figured out version 9, it is weird in so many ways that it's hard to even have a basic framework, except that the datasets appear to be different and that's why a lot of the expected point changes are different. That is the only thing I can theorize. 

You did crossed the 65% threshold, so I would expect some loss and granted you have a buffer from some of the scores so we may not see it as you noted. But the industry options is where I would expect to see the higher effect.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.