cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off furniture and update to $0 balance i lost 7 points on equifax how??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off furniture and update to $0 balance i lost 7 points on equifax how??

I had got a acceptance now furniture loan from Bobs furniture. I paid it ontime for 6 months and now reporting to all 3 bureus i went up 3 points on transunion. 1 on experian and i lost 7 points on equifax why??

It was a $1700 installemnt loan i paid it for 6 months and last month paid it in full now i lost points? Should i dispute this?

Here is the alert i got

COMPANYACCEPTANCE NOW
  • BALANCE
  • $1,60 $0
  • PAST DUE
  • Not Reported
  • STATUS
  • Pays Account As AgreedNot more than two payments past due
  • LAST ACTIVITY
  • 04/01/201505/01/2015
  • DESCRIPTION
  • Rental AgreementClosed or paid account / zero balance Rental agreement

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid off furniture and update to $0 balance i lost 7 points on equifax how??

All things being equal, it could be that the one bureau values having the installment loan more. That is the only negative I have in one bureau - no installment loans.

Message 2 of 3
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid off furniture and update to $0 balance i lost 7 points on equifax how??

@Anonymous wrote:

I had got a acceptance now furniture loan from Bobs furniture. I paid it ontime for 6 months and now reporting to all 3 bureus i went up 3 points on transunion. 1 on experian and i lost 7 points on equifax why??

It was a $1700 installemnt loan i paid it for 6 months and last month paid it in full now i lost points? Should i dispute this?

Here is the alert i got

COMPANYACCEPTANCE NOW
  • BALANCE
  • $1,60 $0
  • PAST DUE
  • Not Reported
  • STATUS
  • Pays Account As AgreedNot more than two payments past due
  • LAST ACTIVITY
  • 04/01/201505/01/2015
  • DESCRIPTION
  • Rental AgreementClosed or paid account / zero balance Rental agreement

You can't dispute the effect on your scores. You lost points becuase you no longer have that type of account (installement) reporting. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.