Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off credit card full balance every month

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ere'sRe: Pay off credit card full balance every month

@Anonymous wrote:

My payments and the CCB reporting are definitely not synced so often I have at least a full months worth of purchases on my card when the reporting hits, because my payment hasn't gone through yet.     I think the answer is that I just need to request CLI's from my two main cards and go from there.  

That's part of the answer.  Just consider leveraging the help of BBS and others at figuring out (in advance) whether the CLI request might cause a hard inquiry.

Here is another approach that can be done in addition to the CLI idea.

You seem to have a fairly consistent amount of spending on your cards.  As in, you know that every month you will spend between $6000 and $9000 (that's just an example).  If so, you can set up an auto pay from your checking account to pay $6000 into your credit card account, and to do that roughly a week before the statement typically prints.  E.g. if the statement typiclly prints around the 20th, set up an autopay for 6k to go through on the 10th of every month.  You could make the autopay for even more than 6k.  It could be 7k, in which case most months it would be positive and a few months it would be negative, which is fine.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pay off credit card full balance every month

@Anonymous

When I stated I pay my bill in full every month, what I mean by that was that I pay the full statement amount every month.   

Well, one other option here is that instead of paying the full statement balance, you pay the full current balance.  Then only the charges made between the date of that payment and the date your statement prints (maybe 3-5 days) would make up your new statement balance.  If that 3-5 day spend is typically less than $2100 (which it sounds like it is based on your total monthly spend) you'll be reporting a new statement balance that'll result in max FICO score benefit.  Of course the drawback of this option above is that you lose the benefit of a monthly "float" of probably several thousand dollars, so you'd have to decide if this approach is right for you.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.