Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Off Closed/ Derogatory accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying Off Closed/ Derogatory accounts

Good evening all, 

I have been doing some reading on this site and decided to purchase one of the FICO Products to monitor my scores as i pay off some of my debt.

Today I called Credit Systems Intl. paid off 9 accounts in full. They lady was so nice to me she stated that they will uptate tomorrow, the latest would be on monday, and also send a letter to request to have the accounts deleted. Only 4 accounts are currently showing up on my reports. I also paid off one small bank loan for a total of 10 accounts that should state "Paid" on my credit report. 

How will this affect my score?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_is_497_hehe
New Contributor

Re: Paying Off Closed/ Derogatory accounts

Is this PFD? Or they simply will mark it as "paid"? How long these accounts were in collection?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m assuming it’s PFD. The lady was really friendly and she brought it up when asked “how do I get the accounts removed from my account” then offered to send an confirmation letter stating that they requested for all accounts to be removed from my credit report.

On the report it says date opened: 2016
Date updated: 2017

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them this morning to verify and they said that they sent it in but it’s not updated on my report as of yet...I’m not sure how long it takes to update.

I have a few other bills I’d like to get some assistance with.

There is a bill for 1200 with Jefferson Capital Systems the original biller was Verizon wireless.

There’s also a bill with credit control services for 137.00 the original creditor was with progressive.

And a 12,000 bill (repossession) with Santander USA that I’ll like to focus on.

Help and guidance with these would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.