Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed EQ FICO 9 vs NFCU EQ FICO 9

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

PenFed EQ FICO 9 vs NFCU EQ FICO 9

Oddly, both PenFed & NFCU are purporting to give me my EQ FICO 9 score as of 7/9/19, but the scores are 23 points apart -- 764 on PenFed & 787 on NFCU.

nfcu version.jpgpenfed version.jpg

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed EQ FICO 9 vs NFCU EQ FICO 9

Interesting.  I'm curious what others have to say on the difference!

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And they both even updated on 7/9/19.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t know about PenFed but the date NFCU shows your score is the date they post it — they actually pull it around the 20th of the prior month. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy soft pulls Equifax for Account Reviews on the fourth Tuesday of every even-numbered month.  So for the NFCU score shown on 7/9/19 the pull was actually done on 6/25/19.  By comparison, the PenFed score was pulled on 7/9/19 so the scoring difference can be attributed to changes in your Equifax credit report between 6/25 and 7/9.

Some time ago I did some research to determine exactly when Navy does it soft pulls.  You can see the results in this thread:

"The pattern I noticed is that Navy does Account Reviews pulls from Equifax on the fourth Tuesday of even-numbered months then updates member accounts with EQ FICO 9 scores during the first week of the following (odd-numbered) month"

Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 8.25.12 AM.png

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy soft pulls Equifax for Account Reviews on the fourth Tuesday of every even-numbered month.  So for the NFCU score shown on 7/9/19 the pull was actually done on 6/25/19.  By comparison, the PenFed score was pulled on 7/9/19 so the scoring difference can be attributed to changes in your Equifax credit report between 6/25 and 7/9.

Some time ago I did some research to determine exactly when Navy does it soft pulls.  You can see the results in this thread:

"The pattern I noticed is that Navy does Account Reviews pulls from Equifax on the fourth Tuesday of even-numbered months then updates member accounts with EQ FICO 9 scores during the first week of the following (odd-numbered) month"

Maybe this throws a monkey wrench into it, but.....

NFCU updated my score today.

nfcu version 090810.jpg

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe this throws a monkey wrench into it, but.....

NFCU updated my score today.

nfcu version 090810.jpg

Your score was "updated" today but it definitely wasn't pulled today. 

If you want to dig in to when it was pulled you can request a hard copy of your Equifax credit report and look at the details on AR soft pulls.  I used to be able to look at my Equifax credit report through the TrustedID Premier credit monitoring service they provided after the data leak, but they stopped access to TrustedID Premier last January.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting info @MaizeandBlue! Thank you!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.