Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible AAoA threshold exists @ 6.5 years

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Possible AAoA threshold exists @ 6.5 years

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I just saw a two-point gain on EX that I couldn't couldn't think of a cause for, and it happens that my AAoA is exactly 78 months.

Citi just reported my LL Bean Mastercard that was recently purchased from Barclays. Because both this account and the old Barclays account are now on my report, my AAoA on Experian dropped from 83 to 77 months. I lost two points. I bet I regain them in about a month. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX says I'm at 6.2 right now AAoA. I will keep track and see how the incredments if any show as I near 6.5. Very interesting conversation guys!

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll be hitting 7.5 years once October hits on EQ and am curious to see if I get a couple of points there.  This will be my last checkpoint, as in November my only scoreable EQ inquiry becomes unscoreable and I'm quite sure my 847 would move to 850 at that time.  Would be cool to see a 849 though a month sooner! 

Message 23 of 32
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I just saw a two-point gain on EX that I couldn't couldn't think of a cause for, and it happens that my AAoA is exactly 78 months.

Citi just reported my LL Bean Mastercard that was recently purchased from Barclays. Because both this account and the old Barclays account are now on my report, my AAoA on Experian dropped from 83 to 77 months. I lost two points. I bet I regain them in about a month. Smiley Happy

My two points are back. The alert was accompanied by a balance decrease, but my balances were already sufficiently low to be able to get the maximum number of points for that.

Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for stopping back in with that update!  I would say that 78 months is without question a threshold for AAoA based on your experience and mine.  You saw 2 points, I saw 4; I suppose we can state that an average expected point change would be 3 points when considering 78 months AAoA.

Message 25 of 32
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Continuing the story, I think 7 years might also be an AAoA threshold on my profile. But with the turn of events, I can't be exactly sure.

Sometime between early February and early March, a 5-year-old account dropped off of my report. (If I'd had known that was coming, I'd have monitored more closely.) Removal of that account jumped my Experian AAoA fro 83 to 86 months. My March pull indicated a 3-point gain on both my FICO 8 and FICO 98 classic scores.

Besides not getting an exact reading at 84 months, my AoYA also reached two years in February. But because we don't usually hear about that as an AoYA threshold, my guess is that the increase came due to AAoA.

Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Besides not getting an exact reading at 84 months, my AoYA also reached two years in February. But because we don't usually hear about that as an AoYA threshold, my guess is that the increase came due to AAoA.

It would be tough to distinguish between the AoYA reaching 24 months, as it definitely does impact some scoring models.  I'm not sure which ones, but my mortgage negative reason statements related to AoYA remained present after my AoYA crossed 12 months, indicating that a penalty was still being imposed there, where in my FICO 8's it no longer was.  My AoYA hits 24 months in about 3 weeks on April 1, so I'm curious to see if I notice any changes at that time on any of the models.

Any idea why you had a 5 year old account fall off?  Was there a reason, or did it just happen?

Message 27 of 32
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I didn't mention that the account also dropped off of TU, and my FICO 8 and 04 didn't budge. 

This account was never on my Equifax report. My last Equifax movement was a pretty nice jump back in December. I knew at the time that my only inquiry had become unscorable. But looking back, I see that I also would have hit seven years AAoA.

My youngest account would have actually hit two years in February. But it seems that whenever I'm around some kind of milestone, Experian is the last to notice. The funny thing was that with all of these monitoring services and alerts, none of them covered an account disappearing. I was purposely holding off until March to pull my scores. Had I known that the account had disappeared, I'd have pulled the scores in February.

The account that's now gone is my open gas and electric bill. They discontinued reporting in December, and the account fell off in February. The rep said that it was a cost cutting measure and that reporting wasn't particularly popular with customers.

I still have a closed gas/electric account that's about the same age (a month younger). It's still on my TU report, but I never saw it on EX. That won't be removed unless I ask TU to remove it on the basis that it's no longer being maintained by the utility company.

Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBS you never did give the October update. Did you find the 90 month threshold and how significant was it?
Message 29 of 32
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I think BBS hit 850 before he hit that threshold.

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.