Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about 30 day late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about 30 day late

Hi,

I have a question about 30 day lates that show on credit reports. Does this mean that in the month, the account at some point was at least 30 days late or as of the reporting date, the account was 30 days late?

I realized on 2/26 that I forgot to make my 1/26 car payment (these are the due dates). I quickly made both the jan and feb payments on this date but because Jan has 31 days, this makes the payment 31 days late.

I know from monitoring my credit score that the car company reports my account to the credit bureaus on the 27 of each month. Because my account was current on the 27 (and even as of the 26), I am wondering if they are going to report a 30 day late because during the month I made a payment that was 30 days late or current because as of the reporting date, my account was current.

Thanks for the help!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about 30 day late

It sounds like if you made the payment on the 26th that you were late 31 days, so the account can definitely be reported 30 days late.  At this point you can simply hope that it doesn't get reported that way, perhaps call the lender and see if they'll do something for you if you've never had any other payment issues.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.