Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a possible TU dispue

tag
rsl1313
New Contributor

Question about a possible TU dispue

Hi,

I was looking at my scores on this site, my TU score is always 20-25 pts. behind the others.I was looking at my payment history breakdown, and TU says my last late payment was 8 months ago. I haven't had any late payments, and none are showing on my credit report. Is this just a myfico error or is it something I need to find out about? How would I even do it? How can I dispute something that is not even showing on my report? Thanks for all the great posts, I've learned a lot in my year on here...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Re: Question about a possible TU dispue

Do you have any collections on TU? I have one left on a bureau, however they just started to now keep reporting monthly since Nov 2016, even though they have had it since 2015. I'm clean as far as any credit cards, loans, past or present, no 30-60-90, etc. 

Message 2 of 6
rsl1313
New Contributor

Re: Question about a possible TU dispute

Hi DollyLama,

I don't see anything on my MyFico 3b reports, and certainly no late payment in the last 8 months. Thanks for the quick reply!

Message 3 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about a possible TU dispute

That happened to my sister on one of her reports.  Everything showed a perfect payment in the history.  We finally found an old closed account that stated "Paid, current was 30 days late"  That was the only thing we could determine that was probably causing it.  Order your report from TU and see if it shows anything more.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When you receive a commercial credit report, it is a mix of data taken from your credit file and summary/interpretation provided by the vendor of the report.

Disputes under FCRA 611 can be made as to "the completeness or accuracy of any item of information in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency." 

That includes any information reported by a furnisher, any information obtained from public records, credit inquiries, and other info, such as personal idenfier information.

However, if the information is summary/interpretation provided by the vendor of your credit report, that is not taken from your file at the CRA, and thus is not subject to dispute.

There are situations where you are aware of errors in your credit file that may not be shown in your commercial credit report, such as the reported DOFD for a collection.

Thus, the standard is not that the information is not shown in your credit report, but whether the information is taken from your credit file.

If, in the case of payment history profile or status, no late is shown that was eight months ago, then the interpretation by the vendor is in error, not your credit file.

Message 5 of 6
rsl1313
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for that info. I was thinking that must be the case, since I don't see it on my credit report but since my score actually comes from them, is  the mistake a factor in my lower score? Thanks again...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.