Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about closing cards, aging, aggregate credit amounts and AZEO

tag
Suzette2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about closing cards, aging, aggregate credit amounts and AZEO

You were right:  I got a 'preapproval' link on my main page...BINGO:  Delta sky miles platinum- no hard pull .    I am pretty stoked because I thought I would have to wait six months

@RealEstateGuy89 wrote:

If you already have an AMEX, lock your CB's now and then go for the Delta if you want it. After you have your 1st AMEX, the rest of your AMEX cards that you app for are usually soft pull. There is a very small percentage that end up with a hard pull but most of us end up with soft pulls only when apping for another card with them.

I would also keep your care credit card for the utilization padding/emergencies. Good luck! 

6/20 :12/22 :
Message 11 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Suzette2 wrote:

After opening a AMEX blue cash in March - pre car loan payoff and new loan- TODAY got a 'preapproval' offer for an amex

Platnimum Delta Skymiles....clicked button and was approved.  Obviously not a HP.  

Congratulations Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 18
CA4Closure
Regular Contributor

I agree with Fireman1. Join a credit Union like Navy Federal Credit Union. Once your FICO score reaches 720 or so, go ahead and apply for other rewards cards with NO annual fee. Then close your secured cards. I carry three credit cards from NFCU and each CLI is between $24,000 to $50,000. Make your cards work for you!

Message 13 of 18
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Congrats @Suzette2 . Nice!

Message 14 of 18
Trekkie0707
New Contributor

Agree with everyone else. Care credit is good. Let the rest of the subprime ones go. 

id add one other card to the list with your scores. FNBO evergreen. Seen some good DP in your range and the do a pre qual that includes a potential limits. 

good luck!

FICO 8 Starting 01/22: Exp 598 | TU 571 | EQ 591

Current: Exp 676 | TU 654 | EQ 700

NFCU Flagship ($6.9k) | Discover It ($5k) | FNBO Evergreen ($4.1k) | PenFed Gold ($3.5k) | Amex BCE ($1k) | NFCU Secured ($200)

RIP: Mission Lane ($500) | CapOne QS1 ($300) | Memberships : NFCU & PENFed
Message 15 of 18
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Totally agree with @HeavenOhio ... close everything on list#1... except Care Credit. 

Start with Credit One NOW!!!  😆

Message 16 of 18
TheKid2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the soft pull card. I agree on the CU route down the road. If you don't qualify for NFCU, look at PenFed. They were very good to me during my rebuild.

JOINED 4/2020

FICO 8 = 582, 620, 589 / Mortgage = 633, 526, 581

CURRENT PEAK *Thanks to the MF Community!

FICO 8 = 715, 711, 720 / Mortgage = 688, 696, 681

Message 17 of 18
Mdowning30
Established Contributor

You may actually be in line to apply for the Cash Magnet or Everyday card, i cold app'ed for the CS Investor card and was approved with my scores.

Chase Freedom Unlimited : $6000 | Discover It Chrome : $3500 | AmEx CS Investor : $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred : $5000 | Chase Amazon Prime : $2000 | AmEx Hilton Surpass : $1000 | AmEx Business Plus : $2000 | AmEx Platinum CS : POT $2800 | Tower Federal CU : $15,000 | Lowes Commercial Account : $1,000 | WF Bilt Mastercard : $4,000 | Shell Fleet Plus : $1,000
Total Credit Limit : $42500
Experian FICO 8 : 694
| Experian Vantage : 701 | TransUnion FICO 8 : 683 | TransUnion Vantage : 695 | Experian FICO 9 : 665
Starting Score: 512
Current Score: 693
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.