Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the other type of Fico scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the other type of Fico scores

I know what you mean, 90% of my searches usually have at the very least 2-3 MyFico references.

Message 11 of 16
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Understood.

But for me to see the other scores then my actually credit report has to refresh as it has the last day of every month. But I can see my fico 8 scores gets refreshed all the time.

acblue94, as BBS states above your score could change daily depending on the activity.  It's your subscription that refreshes monthly or whatever cycle you have.  Yes, without paying additional money you won't see all of your scores until your "next" report.  But your scores could change many times in between.  If you chose to purchase them today and not wait on your monthly subscription report, your scores may be different from your previous monthly report.  And if there is more activity or changes between paying for it today and your next monthly report, it could change again.  For example whatever your EX bankcard 8 was last report doesn't necessarily mean it will remain that score a full 30 days or until your next report at the end of the month. 

They all update as often as there are changes that could impact scores.  myFICO (product) provides F8 daily updates and all scores periodically based on your subscription (monthly or quarterly).  This is just a product, not how FICO scores work. 

If you apply for something today, the lender may see a score that was not on your last report, and could possible be different than either of these on you next report you receive based on your subscription.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
But for me to see the other scores then my actually credit report has to refresh as it has the last day of every month. But I can see my fico 8 scores gets refreshed all the time.

I get that.  As long as you understand that your CR is being "refreshed" continuously any time an account reports to the bureaus for example and that your scores can be constantly changing (even if you can't see them) you're fine.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do. Thanks.
Message 14 of 16
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:

I open up Google(.com), then type "Who does NFCU HP for a CC application myFICO" and it leads me to 20+ threads all from the myFICO forums and I pick the threads I see that are less than 6 months old and have my answers in less than 2 mins. Smiley Very Happy I prefer Google's algorithm when finding relevant myFICO threads versus the forum search function. I just tack on ''myFICO'' onto the end of all my credit related searches and it leads me to a thread in this forum like I wanted

Great reply above on the use of different scores.

Here is an even better way to use Google for searching these forums:

site:ficoforums.myfico.com after:2019-09-16 nfcu hp

That will find all posts since midnight September 16 that reference nfcu hp.

To find all posts in the past 6 months just adjust the date: after:2019-03-17

That's a game changer for me. I'll never not use that now. Thanks!!

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trudy One correction: MF does not update F8s daily. They are updated upon alertable events. Watch Experian CW, you’ll see your score change there before you do on MF.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.