Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ratio of loans:revolvers

tag
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

Re: Ratio of loans:revolvers

I think the obvious explanation here is that @Brian_Earl_Spilner has an enchanted profile that comes to life at night and switches reason codes while the banker sleeps.

Message 41 of 46
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Slabenstein wrote:

I think the obvious explanation here is that @Brian_Earl_Spilner has an enchanted profile that comes to life at night and switches reason codes while the banker sleeps.

Nah, my profile is super weird. I get approved for things I shouldn't, and my stuff doesn't grow like everyone else's. I don't know why, but I'm always the outlier.

Something I just realized, I may be getting different reason codes if they're pulling different bureaus for everything. Soooo, they might not be changing. Ehhh.... 😅 

Message 42 of 46
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Something I just realized, I may be getting different reason codes if they're pulling different bureaus for everything. Soooo, they might not be changing. Ehhh.... 😅 

That's more logical.  But also less fun.

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if they give the lender five they could pick and on different days different pulls may have different statements. Plus different bureaus of course.
Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous it's an afterthought, but number of bankcards is a scoring factor for mix as well. So there's at least three scoring factors in mix. That's in contrast to number of accounts which is a segmentation factor.

Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I revised post 5 & its first section, section 5: “credit mix” of the Scoring Primer. I think it’s worth a read:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/General-Scoring-Primer-and-Version-8-Mas...
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.