cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflect $0 balance or report small balances each month?

tag
Azza
Regular Contributor

Reflect $0 balance or report small balances each month?

Hey all.

I have three credit cards I am currently using actively: Discover IT, Citi Costco card and Rivermark Rewards.

In order to receive the highest score possible with these cards, should I:

1) Report small (<5%) balances each month on each one

2) Report small (<5%) balances each month on one or two of the three, and a zero balance on the the other one or two

or

3) Pay them off before the statement cuts?

(note: I will be paying the cards off each month regardless, just trying to determine WHEN I pay them off.)

I have a bank account and I have one checking account for each card. Whenever I spend money on them, I move that from my shopping/discretionary money to that account. Based on the above answer will determine when I process those payments for the individual accounts.

Thanks!

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Reflect $0 balance or report small balances each month?

Look into AZEO Technique. All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance e.g. $5-$10. Use a bank card. Do not use a store card.

For full FICO points optimization:

Aggregate 1-9%

Individual 1-29%

Message 2 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Message 3 of 6
ChiTownTony
Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

Look into AZEO Technique. All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance e.g. $5-$10. Use a bank card. Do not use a store card.

For full FICO points optimization:

Aggregate 1-9%

Individual 1-29%

I'm doing an experiment with your DP currently. I have another 2 months to go. So far I can say that there is a difference in the individual card percentage so far within that 1-29% range, at least on my file. I will update this (if I remember) next month. 

820+
Message 4 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Azza wrote:

Hey all.

I have three credit cards I am currently using actively: Discover IT, Citi Costco card and Rivermark Rewards.

In order to receive the highest score possible with these cards, should I:

1) Report small (<5%) balances each month on each one

2) Report small (<5%) balances each month on one or two of the three, and a zero balance on the the other one or two

or

3) Pay them off before the statement cuts?

(note: I will be paying the cards off each month regardless, just trying to determine WHEN I pay them off.)

I have a bank account and I have one checking account for each card. Whenever I spend money on them, I move that from my shopping/discretionary money to that account. Based on the above answer will determine when I process those payments for the individual accounts.

Thanks!

Pay off Costco & Rivermark before statement cuts.

Let Discover report a small balance, then pay it off.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 6
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

So maybe I need to understand this better with AZEO ...which means only 1 card is being used to show a small balance and the rest of the cards are not used? 

What is the difference between AZEO and putting a small balance or bill after the statement closes on a credit card which still reflects a 0% balance for the due date and paying the balance off every month? I mean I am showing payment history with the latter? 

I am currently doing this to 3 credit cards that are on my report 1 is mine and 2 are AU ...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.