Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remark added to account dropped score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remark added to account dropped score

I hate credit scores. 

Two accounts (Money lion and First Premier Bank) both said they were going to delete two negative accounts on my credit report. I filled a dispute with Equifax to get the ball rolling in hopes they can delete the accounts sooner than the creditors. Hours later, my vantage score dropped 100 points and my fico dropped 41 points. I'm freaking out. 

Did me putting them in dispute status throw everything off? I noticed that they also reported negative information (which include late payments) but they didn't previously. 

I hope that once they delete the accounts, my score will improve. Any advice on this?

6 REPLIES 6
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Remark added to account dropped score

This is why you wait for them to delete. Especially if they say they will. It usually takes about 45 days. The remark should be gone with account deletion. That's unless they've decided to just update account with accurate info, which your dispute triggered.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I agree. I should've just waited for it to fall off organically. Do you think it will jump back up once they're gone?

Message 3 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

It will go up when deleted, since account, negative remarks, and hot remark will be gone. I'd check with them in 30 days, make sure it was deleted.

These things require patience. They are doing you a favor, they aren't obligated to remove account. Let the process naturally conclude.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm buying a home so I've been under a lot of stress. My closing got pushed back from a June until July so I have some time to get things together. 

I agree. I need to be patient. I won't be touching my credit until further notice. I'm just going to let everything update on its own. 

thank you!!

Message 5 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Good luck!, the good news is that the home buying process ends. I know it's stressful. Hang in there and follow your LO guidance.

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Just as a heads up disputes will throw mortgage apps out of underwriting.  You probably have time on that too because if you're closing in July I doubt UW will even look at your file more than 30 days ahead of time, but if you are asking them to do another pull anyway, make sure you're in the clear first.

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.