Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remarkable FAKO change!

tag
wwalter2718
Established Member

Remarkable FAKO change!

I know FAKO scores aren't very useful, but I thought I'd share what just happened to mine, cuz it caught me by surprise.

I just refinanced my mortgage.  The new loan showed up pretty much immediately at all 3 major CRAs  The old loan (w/PNC) lingered on for a couple weeks, too.  This sudden doubling of mortgage debt cost me just a few points (8, I think, was the largest decline).  A little surprising. 

When the old mortgage finally showed as closed, however, my TU and Equifax scores (at CreditKarma) fell over a cliff, with a loss of 57 & 60 points respectively.  Equifax is now sub-700 for the first time in years.

All other changes during this period were positive (see pasted image below, if it works).   Right now, I'm assuming that the numbers will bounce back soon, but since it seems clear I don't understand FAKO scores, maybe I'm wrong?  8-)  (ETA: It was a straight refinance, no cash out, so the balances of the 2 mortgage loans were the same. Can it possibly be just that the new one is still @ 100% of opening balance?)

Wow.png

1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Remarkable FAKO change!

You have a newer account/balance thats higher now. Gotta love Vantage. Like how PNC balance dropped by $165,761! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.