cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed a negative account, will I see improvment?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed a negative account, will I see improvment?

Background

Current utilization- 68%

A ton of lates including a few 120's in 2005 and 2006... since then, slipped and had 3 accounts report late in Jan-Mar 2010, thats all the negatives since mid 2006..

One of the accounts I was just an AU, called Citibank and they said they would remove me from that account.. Currently, scorewatch has me at 591, will I see a bump with that removal since its only 1 of 3 late accounts?

TU has me at 648, but the AU account doesn't report on that one..

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Removed a negative account, will I see improvment?

@Anonymous wrote:

Background

Current utilization- 68%

A ton of lates including a few 120's in 2005 and 2006... since then, slipped and had 3 accounts report late in Jan-Mar 2010, thats all the negatives since mid 2006..

One of the accounts I was just an AU, called Citibank and they said they would remove me from that account.. Currently, scorewatch has me at 591, will I see a bump with that removal since its only 1 of 3 late accounts?

TU has me at 648, but the AU account doesn't report on that one..

Hard to determine. It is possible you may see some type of improvement, but IMO I wouldn't count on much of one if any.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 5
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

My apologies for bearing bad news but if the AU account is old and is helping your AAoA you could potentially lose points when its removed. Also if the AU has a high limit you could potentially lose more point bc your utilization may increase. Sorry  Smiley Sad

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My average age is 19.8 years, this account has been open for about 6 years..

Won't hurt utilization at all, CL of $350 and on my last pull had a balance of $310.. my current combined balances/CL is around $24K/$38K..

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need 49 pts on EQ, getting a little antsy as its been over 2 months since it last moved.. Have one CC that snuck up over the limit on me, the rest are around 50%... That card is $4585/$4500, get that paid below the CL on next statement, see what that does..

Other than that, paying balances down by about 2% a month and letting things age.. tried like heck to GW the card that was late a year ago, they didn't budge.. Just sent a few GW's and 2 disputes for the stuff thats 5-6 years old, see what happens..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.