tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Removed as AU...Credit Score dropped 30 points?!?!?!? HELPPP

Why remove her in the first place??

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

He was working on the profile, but this may offer us an excellent data point to figure out the dynamics of how the authorized user Metrics work.
Message 12 of 15
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

Okay this is weird (i think)....Over the course of the week, we've had 2 credit card balances report a 0 balance (1 utli% was over 25%, the other 15%) and overall usage dipped below 9% (was at 16%).  She now has 5 of 7 balances at 0 (one of the two is at $9)

Her score did not go up one point.  Prior to the 30 point dip, the Experian Simulator had an extra 10 points to gain if her balances were reduced to $xxx.

Waiting on the authorized user account to re-report.  The original tradeline is still showing up as Closed.

AMEX still hasn't reported her new TL

Message 13 of 15
DollyLama
Established Contributor

Had her AMEX been continually reporting each month, or not for several months, and then updated last reported 3/2021?

Did she have any loan outside of revolving credit that was paid off in this mix?

Message 14 of 15
mystro9876
Regular Contributor

To provide an update,  the CC Company has re-reported the AU account to the credit bureaus as Open and my SO's score increased 11 points from 690 to 701.  While she did not get back the full 30 points, i believe its explainable as the AU account has a 83% utilization because they reported mid period.    

Once the AU account reports a minimal balance on the next reporting cycle, I am hoping she'll get back the remaining 19 points.  I will provide an update at that point.

@DollyLama Her closed/CO AMEX account's tradeline does not have any negative entries aside from the CO on Dec 2020 (they did not report any 30-120 day lates or COs prior to Dec 2020).  the DoFD was Sept 2018, and they have not reported since it was paid off in Dec 2020. The new AMEX account has not reported yet

She has a Lease on her tradeline that gets paid down every month, currently sitting at 30% remaining.  Nothing else to note

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.