Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing myself as AU

tag
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

Removing myself as AU

As my name says I am learing credit so pardon the ignorance but I need help.

I have been working on my credit for the past few months and I am pretty happy where I am currently at. I now have the below as primary card holder:

Personal:

Amex Plat / NPSL, Amex Gold / NPSL, Discover It 8k, Amex Blue Cash Preferred 1k, SavorOne 2k, QuiksilverOne 600, CapOne Secured Platinum 200, Chase Saphire Preferred 5k

Business:

Amex Plat / NPSL, Amex Blue Business Plus

As an AU I have the below:

Chase 5k, Amex Delta Gold 48k, Discover It 25,900

I was thinking of removing myself as an AU on the above AU accounts cause they belong to my mother whom is expecting to make large purchases (home remodeling). My question for the forum is will it make a HUGE difference if I remove these AU accounts although my remaining accounts where I am primary will be AZEO. I know I will take a hit of a few points due to the AAOA being reduced caused my mothers accounts are aged but my doubt is in if I go remove close to 80k  of available credit and stay with only roughly 16800 (maybe 50.00 cause one will report a small balance monthly)

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
7 REPLIES 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Removing myself as AU

@learningcredit54 wrote:

I have been working on my credit for the past few months and I am pretty happy where I am currently at. I now have the below as primary card holder:

Personal:

Amex Plat / NPSL, Amex Gold / NPSL, Discover It 8k, Amex Blue Cash Preferred 1k, SavorOne 2k, QuiksilverOne 600, CapOne Secured Platinum 200, Chase Saphire Preferred 5k

Business:

I was thinking of removing myself as an AU on the above AU accounts cause they belong to my mother whom is expecting to make large purchases (home remodeling). My question for the forum is will it make a HUGE difference if I remove these AU accounts although my remaining accounts where I am primary will be AZEO. I know I will take a hit of a few points due to the AAOA being reduced caused my mothers accounts are aged but my doubt is in if I go remove close to 80k  of available credit and stay with only roughly 16800 (maybe 50.00 cause one will report a small balance monthly)

You'll still have the low utilization percentage, so it won't affect you in terms of utilization. So IMHO you should do it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 8
PNWRambler
Frequent Contributor

As you said you'll take an AAoA hit but your utilization may be better off without her upcoming expenses.  I'd probably go ahead and remove the AU accounts, especially if you're not looking to open any new accounts in the near future. 

Message 3 of 8
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

@PNWRambler wrote:

As you said you'll take an AAoA hit but your utilization may be better off without her upcoming expenses.  I'd probably go ahead and remove the AU accounts, especially if you're not looking to open any new accounts in the near future. 

I am not planning on opening any new accounts until December so I may just follow your advice. Who knows, maybe once my new creditors see 6 months of responsible credit management, PIF for statement dates - AZEO - one of them may just give me a CLI. Wishful thinking maybe but lets see what happens.

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 4 of 8
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@learningcredit54 wrote:

Personal:

Business:

You'll still have the low utilization percentage, so it won't affect you in terms of utilization. So IMHO you should do it.

Thats what I was thinking but was unsure so I came running to the forum.. Appreciate the feedback. Maybe within a few years I can get these lines myself..

Business Cards:

Personal Cards:

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@learningcredit54 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@learningcredit54 wrote:

Personal:

Business:

Thats what I was thinking but was unsure so I came running to the forum.. Appreciate the feedback. Maybe within a few years I can get these lines myself..

I'm sure you will.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 8
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@learningcredit54 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@learningcredit54 wrote:

Personal:

Business:

I'm sure you will.

Appreciate those positive vibes. I want my siggy having a 6 figure cl like yours.

Business Cards:

Personal Cards:

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 7 of 8
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@PNWRambler wrote:

My understanding is AAoA is no longer being used to benefit a AU, on my Experian it will show 20 yrs of CC history because of the AU, but it will also state that my oldest card is 8 yrs 8mths and my AAoA is 4yrs 9mths....Dont really see my AAoA being affected when I remove myself as a AU, to me I no longer need the AU and it doesnt help anymore as I have built up my credit. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.