Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting 90 days late 4 years after charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reporting 90 days late 4 years after charge off

Equifax report indicates a BOA account with the date of last activity in October 2002; a charge off in April 2003, and judgment in April 2005.  These are all correct.  It now shows 90 days late for September and December 2006.  I don't understand this.

What is the basis for reporting 90 days late, two years after a judgment and four plus years after charge off? 

Should I dispute?  If so, what would be the basis of my dispute?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Reporting 90 days late 4 years after charge off

Dispute as "inaccurate".
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Wife had a BK before we got married. The same thing happened to her on a BoA account. It is showing that she owes a balance and that she hasn't made a payment in over 3 years. They also reported it as "Bad Debt", Not included in bankruptcy. We are going to dispute it right away. What is interesting is that this was not reported this way last October when we pulled her credit. Maybe BoA is doing some unethical practices to try and screw people over?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of crazy reporting and system issues with BOFA whenthey merged with MBNA.  They actually sent all my personally identifiable info, including SSN and account number to an address I hadn't lived at for 10 years. Getting BofA to fix something on the report is sometimes like talking to the class idiot. they ran three inq on Exp to open one checking account.  Unfortunately it WAS experian and there they sit unless I want to claim fraud.  The good news is it was a year ago come this October so they should factor less into my FICO score then.

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-23-2007 04:57 PM
Message 4 of 5
lanah
Valued Member

dispute anything that is incorrect.

I had a paid charge-off that listed the dates incorrectly. it had happened in 96 but it had it listed in 2000. because those dates were wrong they took the whole charge-off off of my credit report.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.