Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating AZEO / Dormant accounts

tag
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

Rotating AZEO / Dormant accounts

I got caught slipping last month and accidentally posted a balance on a card that is typically paid off in full before statement cut. I got a notice from experian that there was activity on a 'dormant' account which hasn't been used in 6mo. The card has been used many times during this period but always posts a zero balance. 

Does it help our scores to rotate which cards are posting zero balances so no cards are considered dormant on our reports? I assume many of my accounts are in this category since I usually post a balance on the same card every month. 

thanks y'all 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Rotating AZEO / Dormant accounts

I've been doing AZEO since May 2020 and as far as I can tell there haven't been any "Dormant Account" score penaltys as a result of me doing so. I've seen this same message on Experian when one of my non-AZEO cards (the ones that usually report as $0) reports a balance. Using MyFico along with several other credit monitoring apps my scores continue to improve. I even hit 850 on Experian in November 2021 despite them being the ones classifying my cards as "dormant".  I think that is just an "Experian Thing". Each bank definitely sees that you are using their cards and paying them off.  I think you should be fine to continue following AZEO.  

Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@EyepinpoolsAny cards that haven't reported a balance around the 6 month mark will get that desricption. Its best to alternate your AZEO card so all of them get used every 6 months or so to aviod AA. Been AZEO for over 6yrs. No problems. Its just a notice. No harm no foul.

Message 3 of 5
Eyepinpools
Regular Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@EyepinpoolsAny cards that haven't reported a balance around the 6 month mark will get that desricption. Its best to alternate your AZEO card so all of them get used every 6 months or so to aviod AA. Been AZEO for over 6yrs. No problems. Its just a notice. No harm no foul.

Just to clearify, the cards are being used, they just are repording a zero balance so the CRA's dont see any activity. I assume this avoids any AA.

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Eyepinpools wrote:

I got caught slipping last month and accidentally posted a balance on a card that is typically paid off in full before statement cut. I got a notice from experian that there was activity on a 'dormant' account which hasn't been used in 6mo. The card has been used many times during this period but always posts a zero balance. 

Does it help our scores to rotate which cards are posting zero balances so no cards are considered dormant on our reports? I assume many of my accounts are in this category since I usually post a balance on the same card every month. 

thanks y'all 

No, it doesn't matter.

The 'dormant account' alert is not significant to scoring.  I believe it's an antifraud device.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.