tag
Cpbball3

SO ANNOYED! Please Help Me?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: SO ANNOYED! Please Help Me?

It's just speculation on my part, but this is likely just due to your fluctuating revolving utilization.   And assuming that you are an AU on the $38K card that you share, it would be included in your revolving utilization as well.

Also it is not a given that your FICO score will increase every month.   I have seen situations where my FICO score remains flat for months at a time, despite my baddies aging, and continued on time payments on my part.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
Cpbball3

Should I close the $38K credit card?

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Are you an AU or do you own the CC?

What's the reported balance of the $38k acct?

Message 4 of 7
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

You re not reporting any baddies, ie charge offs or collections. Are your unpaid balances fluctuating a lot on your revolving credit, that is your credit cards? Meaning are you pif and charging or increasing a few hundred or thousand either way? This will throw Fico off. I can speak from experience. Fico only sees unpaid balances, not that you pif and then recharge so to speak. My score has taken a hit from TU and EX because they see my monthly payment rising. Fico assumes that you do NOT pif each month. It has no way of knowing if you do as it recieves information only from cras after the fact, not real time. If you are pif each month and then recharging/using credit, I would not be concerned unless you are apping for a home mortage. As always YMMV.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 7
Cpbball3

Message 6 of 7
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Are you pre paying all of credit credits in full prior to the end of the billing period ( statment date)?  If so allow one or two cards to report a balance.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.