Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO Confused

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: SO Confused

I think you have hit the nail on its confusing head. 
TU is a CRA, not an originator of credtit scores.  There is no such thing as a "TU Score" per se.  TU is a CRA.  The CRA used establishes only the data that will be used in creating your score.  The lendor can then buy and use a score that is based on the Advantage scoring model, or based upon the FICO model, or any other model that the scorer is using. 
The scoring question is not the CRA upon which a credit report is based, but rather upon the algorithm that was used, based upon that report, to generate the credit score.  So the question for a lendor is, first, are they using an Advantage or FICO score, or some other enhanced market scoring model, and then, second,  which CRA report data are they then using to run through the algorithm and create the score?  Apparently, your lendor uses the TU CRA reportt, so you only need to know which scoring model they are using to score that report..  And it may not even be classic FICO, which is what you get on myFico, but may be a Mortgage Enhanced FICO, or an auto ehhanced FICO, which consumers are not privy too.
So simply stated, my answer is, ask them what scoring algorithm is being used.  I dont care what third party van down at the local 7/11 distributes it to them as a retailer, such as TransPredit.  Where does it come from?
It a pain!  But its the game!

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-02-2008 11:34 PM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-02-2008 11:36 PM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-02-2008 11:45 PM
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.