cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SW reports +10 points the same day as some activity, please help me decipher!

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

SW reports +10 points the same day as some activity, please help me decipher!

One account that was reporting 3x90, 2x60, and 1x30 deleted those lates as a GW.  Same day, 2 HSBC accounts with the same kind of lates went into dispute.  I'm confused about whether or not the disputed items are still being included in my score?  Is the 10 point gain related ONLY to the one that permanently improved or are the disputed helping it along (and if they are "verified", will the score come back down again)?

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: SW reports +10 points the same day as some activity, please help me decipher!

There's no way to break it down accurately. There's too much happening. You might see a gain due to the dropped lates (depends on other baddies reporting and recentness of those lates). But also, FICO will ignore the lates off the HSBCs once in dispute and you could have gained from those.

To confuse things even more, as you know, SW monitors your score for changes every 7-10 days or so and won't alert you to dropped balances. If your util improved, or even degraded as of today, that could have produced a score change which would have an impact in that 10 points. Also, all of your accounts aged by one month today and that could have produced a score change as well. Just today, EQ gave me 10 points. Part of it might be util, but also my oldest revolving turned 10 years old today.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.