Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Down by 42 Points After an Old Closed Account was Removed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score Down by 42 Points After an Old Closed Account was Removed

I was shocked to see that my score plumeted by 42 points after an old closed Capital One account was removed from my file, is this a normal thing or out of the ordinary ...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Down by 42 Points After an Old Closed Account was Removed

I just received a 49 point drop on my Experian file because of a closed First Premiere card. Which agency did you see the 42 point drop?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received a 49 point drop on my Experian file because of a closed First Premiere card. Which agency did you see the 42 point drop?

Sorry but it was my Transunion report , was your FP card report removed from file r was just closed ...

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was just reported as closed. Even though I closed it months ago. Also, it's reporting "Paid Loan". The others show it as "Card closed at request of consumer".
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How old was the account that came off? Was it your oldest account? How old is your next oldest account that still on your report? What was your AAoA before and after?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Note too that we have two different people trying to describe an issue.  The OP (Filipinas55) is talking about a file being deleted.  The other person (Marinephinfan) is talking about a file being closed but remaining on the report.

I am pretty sure that BBS's questions were all intended for the OP.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How old was the account that came off? Was it your oldest account? How old is your next oldest account that still on your report? What was your AAoA before and after?

Yes it was one of my oldest accounts at 11 years old, the next one is also a closed account at 10 years old ...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It was just reported as closed. Even though I closed it months ago. Also, it's reporting "Paid Loan". The others show it as "Card closed at request of consumer".

Was it your oldest account on file and why did you close it ...

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks and by the way my score has recovered by 39 points after over 1 month from the big 42 points drop

@Anonymous wrote:

Note too that we have two different people trying to describe an issue.  The OP (Filipinas55) is talking about a file being deleted.  The other person (Marinephinfan) is talking about a file being closed but remaining on the report.

I am pretty sure that BBS's questions were all intended for the OP.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.