cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Drop From Charge Card Balance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Drop From Charge Card Balance?

@AZHeather wrote:

I got a SW notice yesterday for having a balance on my cc.  It went from $0 balance to $120.  Apparently my payment didn't post before the update to the CR's (I try to always stay at $0, but use to stay "active").  The SW notice specifically said the 5 pt drop was because of my balance, which is 12% of my cl.

Is this a charge card or a credit card?
Message 11 of 15
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

I got a SW notice yesterday for having a balance on my cc.  It went from $0 balance to $120.  Apparently my payment didn't post before the update to the CR's (I try to always stay at $0, but use to stay "active").  The SW notice specifically said the 5 pt drop was because of my balance, which is 12% of my cl.

Is this a charge card or a credit card?

Credit card - sorry just re-read the Re: line and noticed "charge" card.  My bad.

Message 12 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

I just dont understand how everyone can say that Charge Cards arent factored in to the utilization, but this apparently was...? Nothing else has changed on my credit report at all...my AMEX statement reported and thats it. I monitor these types of things daily.

Message 13 of 15
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Refer back to post #9. It does happen
Message 14 of 15
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I think this is what is happening:     The individual charge card utilization is not counted ~ however it is included in the number of cards with balances.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.