cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections

Your FICO® Scores can impact your loan interest rates, terms, approvals and more.
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections


@ibebarrett wrote:
@BrutalBodyShots credit karma and myFICO both correlated the score change with the remark removal, and nothing else changed other than remarks being removed

MF doesn't correlate score changes to alert reasons for report changes.  This is a huge misconception on this forum.  When you're provided with an alert that something changed on your report, you're provided with a fresh score at that time.  The change in your score may or may not have anything to do with the alert reason.  Because they're both shown to you at the same time, it's natural to assume that the alert reason is the reason for the score change, but many times that's not the case.

Message 21 of 27
Established Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections


@EddieK wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@eddieK,

Out of curiosity, did the comment just disappear or did you request removal? If the latter can you share your approach and with whom?

Thx

Just removed on its own.


And it was at "7+ years" of age right?  The age which negatives can not be reported?

 

The point of my question a few posts above is, in addition to that comment being removed, was an underlying negative data flag removed.   Either way, congrats! 

050719:     
070119:     

A regretful expert. I have repaired before, I will repair again. My current goal is 670 FICO08 across the board by November 2019.
Message 22 of 27
Established Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections


@BallBounces wrote:

@EddieK wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@eddieK,

Out of curiosity, did the comment just disappear or did you request removal? If the latter can you share your approach and with whom?

Thx

Just removed on its own.


And it was at "7+ years" of age right?  The age which negatives can not be reported?

 

The point of my question a few posts above is, in addition to that comment being removed, was an underlying negative data flag removed.   Either way, congrats! 


It was 8 years, no other data flags were removed, the account always showed paid as agreed, just listed in the comments as redeemed repossession.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 23 of 27
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

 

MF doesn't correlate score changes to alert reasons for report changes.  This is a huge misconception on this forum.  When you're provided with an alert that something changed on your report, you're provided with a fresh score at that time.  The change in your score may or may not have anything to do with the alert reason.  Because they're both shown to you at the same time, it's natural to assume that the alert reason is the reason for the score change, but many times that's not the case.

Even if it isn't necessarily indicative, I just had a score change update 2 days prior paired with a change in utilization. I don't see what could have possible changed over those 2 days. After that util change there was no change in AAoA, AoYA, AoOA, nothing dropped off, nothing new posted....am I missing a variable? While the MF alert and score change may not necessarily corrolate, I feel as if it does in this particular situation.


 

FICO 8
Eq - 673
Ex - 663
Tr - 685

Capital One Quicksilver - $1950 || Care Credit - $9600 || Costco Citi - $5500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $2800
Message 24 of 27
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections

Ibebarrett What was the remark that was removed if you don’t mind me asking?

Was the score change at every bureau? What the change at every bureau?




Considering BBVA and 5% cards. (Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 25 of 27
Valued Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections

BallBounces Good question




Considering BBVA and 5% cards. (Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)
Message 26 of 27
Regular Contributor

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections


@Birdman7 wrote:
Ibebarrett What was the remark that was removed if you don’t mind me asking?

Was the score change at every bureau? What the change at every bureau?

They were dispute comments across 3 different accounts(only 2 accounts for EX) that were dropped, EQ went up 6, EX went up 4 and TU had no change.

FICO 8
Eq - 673
Ex - 663
Tr - 685

Capital One Quicksilver - $1950 || Care Credit - $9600 || Costco Citi - $5500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $2800
Message 27 of 27