Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score Impacts: Comments & Pay History sections

@ibebarrett wrote:
@BrutalBodyShots credit karma and myFICO both correlated the score change with the remark removal, and nothing else changed other than remarks being removed

MF doesn't correlate score changes to alert reasons for report changes.  This is a huge misconception on this forum.  When you're provided with an alert that something changed on your report, you're provided with a fresh score at that time.  The change in your score may or may not have anything to do with the alert reason.  Because they're both shown to you at the same time, it's natural to assume that the alert reason is the reason for the score change, but many times that's not the case.

Message 21 of 48
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@EddieK wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@eddieK,

Out of curiosity, did the comment just disappear or did you request removal? If the latter can you share your approach and with whom?

Thx

Just removed on its own.

And it was at "7+ years" of age right?  The age which negatives can not be reported?

The point of my question a few posts above is, in addition to that comment being removed, was an underlying negative data flag removed.   Either way, congrats! 

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 22 of 48
EddieK
Established Contributor

@BallBounces wrote:

@EddieK wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:
@eddieK,

Out of curiosity, did the comment just disappear or did you request removal? If the latter can you share your approach and with whom?

Thx

Just removed on its own.

And it was at "7+ years" of age right?  The age which negatives can not be reported?

The point of my question a few posts above is, in addition to that comment being removed, was an underlying negative data flag removed.   Either way, congrats! 

It was 8 years, no other data flags were removed, the account always showed paid as agreed, just listed in the comments as redeemed repossession.

Starting Scores:
1/19/14:

1/28/14:
2/12/14:
Current Scores:
7/10/19:
12/17/16:
9/05/17:
Message 23 of 48
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

MF doesn't correlate score changes to alert reasons for report changes.  This is a huge misconception on this forum.  When you're provided with an alert that something changed on your report, you're provided with a fresh score at that time.  The change in your score may or may not have anything to do with the alert reason.  Because they're both shown to you at the same time, it's natural to assume that the alert reason is the reason for the score change, but many times that's not the case.

Even if it isn't necessarily indicative, I just had a score change update 2 days prior paired with a change in utilization. I don't see what could have possible changed over those 2 days. After that util change there was no change in AAoA, AoYA, AoOA, nothing dropped off, nothing new posted....am I missing a variable? While the MF alert and score change may not necessarily corrolate, I feel as if it does in this particular situation.

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 24 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ibebarrett What was the remark that was removed if you don’t mind me asking?

Was the score change at every bureau? What the change at every bureau?
Message 25 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

BallBounces Good question
Message 26 of 48
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ibebarrett What was the remark that was removed if you don’t mind me asking?

Was the score change at every bureau? What the change at every bureau?

They were dispute comments across 3 different accounts(only 2 accounts for EX) that were dropped, EQ went up 6, EX went up 4 and TU had no change.

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 27 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I only had a quick question/comment on this subject, I didn't feel that it needed a whiole new thread.

@Anonymous wrote:

I've always been very skeptical of "comments" being a factor that can impact Fico scoring.  I think more often than not it comes down to the account being in dispute which is impacting score, not the actual comments.  Over the years on this forum it was from what I read more or less believed that comments were not a factor in Fico scoring... the same way an address or high balance are fields that aren't score-impacting.  Recently however more people have been reporting that comment changes have impacted their scores and in a few of the examples it sounded like accounts in dispute were not a variable... so I'm not sure we've got a conclusive answer at this point.

I'd like to hear other opinions on the subject.

While my scores aren't low enough to worry about a probable change this effect may have, it does make me curious how a closed dispute may be impacting my score if at all. But I'm more concerened with the affect it may have on approvals, the message it may be sending to potential lenders.

I placed a dsipute on Discover for a charge I didn't make 2 years ago, they handled it by closing it and sending a new card.

However, on my CR it says "Dispute resolved by grantor". Though it doesn't even mention what the dispute was even about.

So I was wondering if I should consider contacting them about removing said comments, or if it even matters?

Message 28 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Janus I would not worry about it. It seems comments affect score, but ONLY when they are derogatory in nature. There’s nothing derogatory about your comment from what you posted, so you’re good.

But I’m still wondering the same thing I’ve been wondering since the creation of this thread. How do you get a negative remark removed absent a dispute? And to dispute, you need a valid reason and something has to be inaccurate.

If it’s accurate, you’re stuck with it. How else can you get it off? you just call in and ask a CRA to take it off? If so, can I just ask him to take off any other derogatory at the same time?

I’m not understanding how to remove the remark without going through a dispute.
Message 29 of 48
snickerpedia
Frequent Contributor

I find this very interesting.

Let's say the comments do effect score, do you think the comment "transferred to recovery"- on a positively reporting account - could be one of the comments that could possibly effect scores? I'm just curious becuase I have been trying to figure out something on my friends report for a FEW YEARS, and this would make a lot of sense.

TU - 785
EX - 771
EQ - 779

Citi premier 13
CSP 29
X1 33.5k
/CIU 6k
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.