cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score bump when AoYA reaches 6 months?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Score bump when AoYA reaches 6 months?

I did a comparison between my 3B before and after 12 month AoYA. Bump (31 pts EX/28 pts TU/5 pts EQ) on FICO 8, no change on FICO 5,4,2, and no change on FICO 9.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 21 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

sjt Thank you. that confirms my findings. now can you please tell me, is your file clean? What’s the age of your oldest account? And what’s the total number of accounts on your profile? If you don’t mind.
Message 22 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

BM, how about the Fico 9 scoring models?

Message 23 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like they did the exact opposite of version eight in most instances. Go take a look at those threads I referenced and check out the tables. It was quite weird.

I’m on mobile now and I don’t have everything in front of me.
Message 24 of 65
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, in your opinion, "AoYA" is a meaningless term and should be presented as "AoYRA?"

As noted in this post, I did not take a hit for AoYA reset with a revolver with EX at least.  So not sure if it's exactly 12 months or a bit greater???  The actual open date was 8//8/18 for my new account but saw the AoYA aging benefit on 8/1 with EX and possibly 8/2 with EQ (I don't have "live" updates for any bureau other than EX).

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Consumer-Finance-Accounts-List-of-Known-Lenders/m-p/5733057#M285299

I wonder if your finding is consistent across all scoring models, or only certain ones.

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 25 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you would see the AOYA benefit on the first.

Yes the threshold is 12 months for EX FICO 08. You would see it on the first not the actual date of opening.

I think BBS’s comment was directed towards my comment about an installment loan not resetting AOYA.
Message 26 of 65
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
sjt Thank you. that confirms my findings. now can you please tell me, is your file clean? What’s the age of your oldest account? And what’s the total number of accounts on your profile? If you don’t mind.

All reports clean; Less than 1% Utilization (revolvers); 8 Open Revolvers (2 Amex not showing up on CR); 1 Installment (53% Utilization).

EX: AAOA: 4.7 Years; Oldest Account: 15.1 years; AoYA: 9.1.18 (1 year); 1 closed accounts.

EQ: AAOA: 6.4 Years; Oldest Account: 24 years; AoYA: 9.22.18; 2 closed accounts.

TU: AAOA: 4.2 Years; Oldest Account: 11.6 years; AoYA: 9.22.18; 1 closed account.

FICO 8 Scores (as of 9.4.19) EX:824 (another increase of 3 points when auto loan updated); EQ:834; TU: 832

Simulators show 30 point hit on new revolver on EX and TU and 20 points on EQ. For installment loans its a 5 point hit on EX and TU and 10 points on EQ.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 27 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

sjt Thank you.

While I certainly do not advocate the accuracy of the simulators, in this instance it is relatively correct for version eight. An installment loan would not reset AOYA on our clean aged thick profiles and we would therefore not take the 20 to 30 points AoYA reset ding. (I classify you as clean aged thick, but at TransUnion you could be nonaged, we don’t know perfectly the demarcation point.)

Conversely a new revolver would cause the reset and would cause the 20 to 30 point ding.

Here’s a link to my latest findings:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/11-point-ding-on-EX-FICO-BC2-for-3rd-new...

And it seems like version nine does the opposite of version eight in most instances.
Message 28 of 65
Anonymous
Not applicable

sjt when do you plan on getting more revolvers? Because I would sure love to know where the thresholds are for the older algorithms for AOYA.

If you are not getting any revolvers anytime soon I would guess the threshold would be at 18 months or 24 months. If you don’t plan on getting any soon, you could watch and see when you get your AOYA awards for the older algorithms.
Message 29 of 65
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
sjt when do you plan on getting more revolvers? Because I would sure love to know where the thresholds are for the older algorithms for AOYA.

If you are not getting any revolvers anytime soon I would guess the threshold would be at 18 months or 24 months. If you don’t plan on getting any soon, you could watch and see when you get your AOYA awards for the older algorithms.

Hi- I'm not planning on getting any more revolvers, but you never know.

I take simulators with a "grain of salt", but they have been accurate with my projected increase so far. I'll probably get another point on 9.20.19 when my HP turns 1 year and another 5 points when one of my cards turns 2 years, 1 month on 10.1.19. That should bring my EX score to 830. 
Question: If I get another revolver and take the hit how long would it take to recover? Also, what is considered a thick and old file?

Message 30 of 65
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.