cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Score drop after collection coming off wth?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score drop after collection coming off wth?!

Welcome.

Yeah I’ll bet @Remedios is exactly right, you said you just paid off some chargeoffs, so what happened is they were appearing old to the algorithm, in other words they weren’t being updated monthly.

But, now that you paid them, thinking you were doing a good thing, they got updated and now they appear current, so the algorithm penalizes you more because now you have a CURRENT charge off, as opposed to a OLD chargeoff.

Welcome to the world unintended consequences.
Message 11 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had 2 collections on my report 1 of which was not mine and the other is an old trash pick up bill I had forgotten about after I moved.

The 1 thay wasn't mine was a bill from verizon for $788. After proving to the collection company that i had AT&T during that time they agreed to remove the collection from my report. The collection came off of my report today with the other collection from my trash pick up still remaining (waiting on pay for delete confirmation letter).

After falling off however my score dropped 25 points! Wth?!? After quite a bit of research the only possible thing I can think of to cause this is maybe rebucketing. Is rebucketing really a thing? Is there any other possible reason my score would drop 25 points.

Only other option I could think about was possibly AAoA. But it didnt drop much. Went from 6 years 7 months to 6 years 2 months. I dont see how that would over power the fact a collection came off!

Any advice or insight to set my mind at ease while trying to rebuild my credit would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I don't think the removal of the collection caused the score drop.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what would your guess be, SJ?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.